Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area
 [Register]
Salt Lake City area Salt Lake County - Davis County - Weber County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2009, 06:26 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,818,191 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEOCCAL View Post
we too are moving from CAL to utah...daughter lives in layton..we are looking at pleasant view..yes we are looking for cities that offer all faiths. thanks for sharing
They didn't ask about numbers Mark, but about different faiths. Wre I seeking a church, I would care more about the doctrine than the number of attendees.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2010, 08:20 PM

46 posts, read 135,549 times
Well we just celebrated our 1st year in Utah in April! We had to take a trip back to SoCal a few months ago for a funeral. My husband and I were nervous to return to our old home, didn't know how we would feel. By the end of the first day we could not wait to come back. We have no regrets at all and are falling more and more in love with this place every day.

Old 07-13-2010, 08:55 PM

2,502 posts, read 6,972,575 times
I so love when people come back and let us know how they are doing! I am so glad that your first year has been a good one and you are happy.

May you have many more blessed days!

Old 07-18-2010, 09:47 AM

10 posts, read 19,261 times
Smile Winters off, too? Do you ski?

We moved from the Boston area to North Salt Lake just last year. My DH works in SLC, but we wanted to be within 30 min. of Hill AFB so we could use their resources as well. Also, the whole family skis and we wanted to be in middle of the region between Snowbasin to the north and all the resorts in the canyons to the south. We are very happy with the school district, the proximity to various grocery stores, department stores, highways, parks, running/biking/hiking trails, and access to cleaner air up on the Benches. I have asthma & was worried about stats here in SLC regarding air quality, but I have to say that my asthma is more controlled here than anywhere else I've lived!

We are non-LDS, and most of our neighbors are active LDS. They invited us to cook-outs, and my kids had instant friends when we moved in. We've had one visit from the nice young men in white shirts/black pants, but that's all. There has been no pressure to join up, but no feeling of being left out, either.

Glad to hear that you've enjoyed your move to UT, just like us!

Old 09-26-2010, 03:51 AM

46 posts, read 135,549 times
We were able to my parents to move out here from CA. in April. They are so happy! They are in East Layton and have already made many close friends. They say Utah will take you back 35 years.....I agree!
Still loving it here!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area