Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area
 [Register]
Salt Lake City area Salt Lake County - Davis County - Weber County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-08-2009, 12:50 PM

53 posts, read 175,844 times

Advertisements

Good Morninng all

I recently put my resume online after gaining some local experience at a hospital down here in Tucson, AZ. I've gotten some job offers in many cities accross the country but I honestly don't know where to go next. I always wanted to try the "outdoorsy" stuff. I loved CO when I was there for a year. So my questions are:

Is SLC a pretty expensive city to live in? (I'm a single 30/m with no kids)

Is there some pretty cool stuff to do in Downtown and on weekends for singles?

Will I go batty out of boredom? (I like to work but I also like to "live")

How similar is SLC to say...Colorado Springs or Denver???

These questions would really help my decision making process. Any and all help would be greatly appriciated. Thanks everyone!

< IXOYE > <
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2009, 06:58 AM

14,400 posts, read 14,306,076 times
[quote=Julesx7d7;7789355]Good Morninng all

I recently put my resume online after gaining some local experience at a hospital down here in Tucson, AZ. I've gotten some job offers in many cities accross the country but I honestly don't know where to go next. I always wanted to try the "outdoorsy" stuff. I loved CO when I was there for a year. So my questions are:

Is SLC a pretty expensive city to live in? (I'm a single 30/m with no kids)

Is there some pretty cool stuff to do in Downtown and on weekends for singles?

Will I go batty out of boredom? (I like to work but I also like to "live")

How similar is SLC to say...Colorado Springs or Denver???

These questions would really help my decision making process. Any and all help would be greatly appriciated.

1. Salt Lake is not an outrageously expensive city to live in. I feel safe telling you the cost of living is less than Colorado Springs and Denver that you previously mentioned. However, housing costs are probably higher here than the national average. Other things tend to be a bit cheaper.

2. The biggest complaint single people make about Utah is probably a lack of things to do downtown on weekends. If you are looking for a big social or nightlife, Salt Lake is probably not your first choice for a place to live.

3. I'm not sure what your idea of "living" is. If it involves outdoor stuff--like hiking in the mountains on weekends in the summer--than you'll be fine. If you like world class skiing on weekends in the winter than you'll love it here. If it involves bar-hopping and picking up girls this isn't the best city for that.

4. I've been to both Colorado Springs and Denver. I don't think Salt Lake is very similar to Colorado Springs. There is more to do there and it is probably funner. Although, I think winter tends to last longer in Colorado Springs than it does in Salt Lake. The comparison between Denver is a little more apt. Although, Denver still probably has a broader range of activities for different people since its a bigger city.

Old 03-22-2009, 07:08 AM

8,440 posts, read 13,440,097 times
Question What Are Your Interests?

I agree it depends on what you need in your life to "live."

Are you looking at a regular 5 day work week, or would you opt for 4 10s or something more like that? Boring as it may sound, lots opt to pick up a shift for a different hospital during their time off for various reasons.

What do you like to do in your off time now and how do you meet new people and friends? I find lots don't know where to connect in UT, thus they don't know what is available.

Good luck in your decision.

MSR
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area