Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area
 [Register]
Salt Lake City area Salt Lake County - Davis County - Weber County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2009, 03:08 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,818,191 times

Advertisements

Both Farmington and Draper made the top 25. Don't know what this is based on and I can't manage to post the link.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2009, 10:03 AM

1,627 posts, read 6,504,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBelleInUtah View Post
Both Farmington and Draper made the top 25. Don't know what this is based on and I can't manage to post the link.
The start of the article article says this:

"Yes, strong local economies still exist. These small towns have 'em - plus great schools, affordable homes, low crime, and much more."

Old 07-15-2009, 10:08 AM

602 posts, read 1,872,850 times
It's a good thing these magazines don't read what's posted on here sometimes, otherwise some people might think Utah is a horrible place to live

Old 07-15-2009, 11:19 AM

13,138 posts, read 22,810,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by osugirl2 View Post
It's a good thing these magazines don't read what's posted on here sometimes, otherwise some people might think Utah is a horrible place to live
Yea, they would have to take all UT cities out of consideration due to the "mormon infestation"

Old 07-15-2009, 12:02 PM

3,260 posts, read 6,758,372 times
Great Schools, no doubt, now that they took their district and all the $$ leaving the West side with the bill. I ought to know. Looks like I'll be paying $250 more in my tax bill this year and I don't even have kids. Yeah....that's real fair...... so much for taxation without representation. I guess that went out with everything else our government is modifying......

Old 07-15-2009, 12:51 PM

It is to your personal advantage, as well as everyone else's, to have an educated younger generation. For the good of the society in which we live. You're going to beed doctors, police, etc. for as long as you live.

Old 07-15-2009, 12:58 PM

602 posts, read 1,872,850 times
Quote:
It is to your personal advantage, as well as everyone else's, to have an educated younger generation. For the good of the society in which we live. You're going to beed doctors, police, etc. for as long as you live.
I was just thinking that myself. When I'm old and gray, I want the people in charge to be competent. Also another way to look at the taxes is to consider the advantage of owning a home within a good school district. Even if one doesn't have children, being in a good school district can significantly increase one's property value. Even if you don't plan on selling your home, increased property value can benefit a homeowner in other ways. If you do plan on selling your home the benefit is obvious in that your buyer (especially in Utah) will most likely have children and they are inclined to purchase and pay more for a good school district rather than one that may not be up to par.

Old 07-15-2009, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Should have proofed this before posting! Sorry about that.

Old 07-15-2009, 06:35 PM

1,627 posts, read 6,504,000 times
Not too get TOO off-topic, but the taxation w/o representation you mention is an accepted practice, always has been. All the LEGAL alien residents who live/work in the U.S. pay taxes and do not get a vote. And I agree w/the others that when it comes to schools, everyone benefits from improved education of youth.

Old 07-15-2009, 07:07 PM

287 posts, read 768,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcisive View Post
Great Schools, no doubt, now that they took their district and all the $$ leaving the West side with the bill. I ought to know. Looks like I'll be paying $250 more in my tax bill this year and I don't even have kids. Yeah....that's real fair...... so much for taxation without representation. I guess that went out with everything else our government is modifying......
Now don't forget there were plenty of childless people who helped fund YOUR education so kwityerbellyachin!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area