Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area
 [Register]
Salt Lake City area Salt Lake County - Davis County - Weber County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2009, 03:11 PM

5 posts, read 19,748 times

Advertisements

We just moved into Saratoga Springs. Seems like everyone here is LDS. As a matter of fact there are 4 chapels within our community. Most of our family are mormon. I am looking forward to getting to know all of our neighbors, I was just hoping to find someone I could have a glass of wine with or have over for coffee. Anyone in UT county?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2009, 03:52 PM

13,139 posts, read 22,712,322 times
Are you the only one? Yep. I'm afraid so.

Old 08-28-2009, 03:52 PM

3,260 posts, read 6,719,105 times
Utah County has perhaps the highest per capita LDS population, so you just moved into it for sure. Heck so did I in Herriman. It's possible you may run into someone who you can share that wine with, but I wouldn't hold my breath. Perhaps you can try to start a Friday night wine party tradition if you find others in that area who may not live literally within a block of you, whom you can gather and share with other like minded individuals. But yeah, it's just the way it is. In our area you're always within walking distance from at least 3 of their wards it seems. Welcome to Utah......

Old 08-28-2009, 03:57 PM

762 posts, read 2,109,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nygeenie View Post
We just moved into Saratoga Springs. Seems like everyone here is LDS. As a matter of fact there are 4 chapels within our community. Most of our family are mormon. I am looking forward to getting to know all of our neighbors, I was just hoping to find someone I could have a glass of wine with or have over for coffee. Anyone in UT county?
There aren't too many non-Mormons in Saratoga Springs, or even Utah County. So best of luck in your search. Our thoughts are with you.

Old 08-29-2009, 12:04 AM

2,160 posts, read 7,490,625 times
I heard there was another non-mormon but she moved to Sugarhouse :-)

Old 08-29-2009, 11:28 AM

494 posts, read 1,890,070 times
You may want to go to www.meetup.com and search with your ZIP code. I did that for Saratoga Springs, and found that there is a Timpanogos Wine club in Pleasant Grove (about 5 miles away). While it's not as nice as having close neighbors, it's a start!

Old 09-01-2009, 01:12 PM

1 posts, read 10,111 times
my hubby and i are moving to saratoga springs soon! we are super excited ! and nygeenie, you will not be the only non-mormon there soon!

Old 09-01-2009, 04:23 PM

427 posts, read 1,300,264 times
I know a non-mormon who lives there. So there's 1, haha. In fact I know tons of them in Utah County. There's also a lot of non-active mormons in the county, though people in SLC think it's ridiculously mormon. Which isn't true.

Old 09-01-2009, 09:35 PM

1,371 posts, read 1,227,539 times
I live out here in Saratoga Springs, and I'm not mormon, and in fact there are quite a few families in my neighborhood that aren't. I've been here for almost 3 years now, and have seen many lds move out, as others from California, Arizona, and Nevada move in. I've even met a family that moved here from my old hometown in SoCal!!! All the gossip for Utah county may pertain to most of the other areas, but I hardly think that the majority of people out here are lds anymore.
Welcome to Saratoga Springs!!

Old 09-03-2009, 09:35 AM

2,631 posts, read 5,438,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrAnderson View Post
I know a non-mormon who lives there. So there's 1, haha. In fact I know tons of them in Utah County. There's also a lot of non-active mormons in the county, though people in SLC think it's ridiculously mormon. Which isn't true.
would be funny if the op is that nonmormon that you know there.

i agree with kwm03160's idea, about looking outside of your immediate neighborhood for entertainment. there is sure to be something fun within a couple of minutes of you, but it might not be on our block.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area