U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area
 [Register]
Salt Lake City area Salt Lake County - Davis County - Weber County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2009, 09:20 AM

3 posts, read 5,577 times

Advertisements

We are currently thinking of moving to Utah and have never been there. We are from a small town in WI and would like to know a good area to start looking in. My job would be in West Valley City and we need good schools as we have a 2nd grader and a Junior. We also are looking for a high caliber competitive gymnastic club.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2009, 09:39 AM

3,446 posts, read 4,913,246 times
Look at the areas south-west of Bangerter,
below 78 and above Redwood Rd maybe ?
Bangerter, is a good way to get to WV City.

Old 09-15-2009, 09:49 AM

3 posts, read 5,577 times
What is the best city to look in

Old 09-15-2009, 10:27 AM

1,756 posts, read 2,503,005 times
I'd have to say your best bets would be either South Jordan or Herriman. A bit further out but not a bad commute for that short distance. The schools are better, and bluntly the crime and quality of folks you'll run into will also likely be a bit less of a culture shock. I lived in the Western suburbs of Milwaukee years ago and traveled Wisconsin extensively for over a decade on business so am very familiar with what you are coming from. This would be my best suggestion. On the grand scale crime here is low, BUT West Valley City is ONE of the several communities that it tends to concentrate in. I'm referring more to physical crime (robbery, rape, murders, burglary and gang related crimes). WVC is fine to work in, but live in? not in MY lifetime thanks.........

Old 09-15-2009, 02:46 PM

2,235 posts, read 3,748,789 times
If you live in South Jordan or Herriman, you are in close range to an excellent gymnastics facility (my daughter used to compete) called Bailies. It is located in Draper..which, is also a nice place to live, by the way.

I lived in WI when I was in 5th grade..beautiful state!

Old 09-15-2009, 05:08 PM

56 posts, read 128,228 times
I've lived in the Salt Lake Valley my whole life and I would NEVER live in West Valley. It is where most of the crime happens. Parts of West Jordan are acceptable. Other than that, I'm with the others. South Jordan and Herriman are your best bets (although Herriman is super far from even Bangerter).

Old 09-15-2009, 08:09 PM

564 posts, read 720,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rivettijensen View Post
I would NEVER live in West Valley. It is where most of the crime happens.
This is a myth. The statistics do not support this assertion.

By the way, there is also an excellent gymnastics facility in the East Millcreek area, around 2700 South and 2000 East, that is run by the Marlowes, Missy and Greg, of U of U women's gymnastics fame.

Old 09-15-2009, 08:16 PM

2,235 posts, read 3,748,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zionide View Post
This is a myth. The statistics do not support this assertion.

By the way, there is also an excellent gymnastics facility in the East Millcreek area, around 2700 South and 2000 East, that is run by the Marlowes, Missy and Greg, of U of U women's gymnastics fame.
YEP! That one is called GTC.

Old 09-15-2009, 08:59 PM

1,646 posts, read 4,664,163 times
I live in Herriman and commute to West Valley. It takes me about 25 minutes. But my job is on the fringe of West Valley. To the heart of West Valley would take 10-15 minutes more.

Old 09-16-2009, 07:53 AM

62 posts, read 171,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rivettijensen View Post
I've lived in the Salt Lake Valley my whole life and I would NEVER live in West Valley. It is where most of the crime happens. Parts of West Jordan are acceptable. Other than that, I'm with the others. South Jordan and Herriman are your best bets (although Herriman is super far from even Bangerter).
I live in Herriman and Bangerter is less than 10 mins. from my house.

Also, Zionide, it's not a myth that most of the crime is in WV (and the Rose Park area in the NW side). Statistics DO prove that fact - I've seen the crime maps from our local Neighborhood Watch police officer. Herriman is one of the least crime-ridden areas in the SL valley.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area