U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area
 [Register]
Salt Lake City area Salt Lake County - Davis County - Weber County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2011, 07:15 PM

3,961 posts, read 6,625,157 times
Default In-n-Out in Utah

During my Christmas vacation I visited the West Valley City In-n-Out twice. Both times revealed excellent service, decent food, and quick lines, (something I didn't expect, since most new In-n-out have long lines!)

The food, while tasty, didn't seem to have quite the same quality as SoCal locations. Could just be an abberation. The staff went out of the way to explain their culture (i.e. do you want onions?, do you want to eat in your car?, and of course their usual greeting, "how are you?", instead of "what can I get you?". Just the usual In-n-Out procedure, I'm sure SLC'ians will catch on quickly! Anyone else with some observations?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2011, 11:05 AM

98 posts, read 117,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcisive View Post
Well, after all the hype over this new provider of hamburgers bringing several new locations to our burger loving State, I just had to subject myself to the line and wait just to see what this was all about. Was this the hamburger and fries to take the top awards away from our beloved Crown Burger or Apollo Burger? Or outdo Smashburger, Sonic and all the others? Was all this talk about keeping it fresh, handcutting the fries and their handmade shakes going to reinvent the hamburgers of Utah?
.....Uhhhhhh, Sonic???? I don't think I can take somebody as a good judge of burgers if you consider Sonic good.

Old 01-05-2011, 12:07 PM

1,293 posts, read 1,603,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fittj View Post
.....Uhhhhhh, Sonic???? I don't think I can take somebody as a good judge of burgers if you consider Sonic good.
I am not sure if I truly really like Sonic burgers, or if I just like their style of the drive-thru. Their cherry-limonade is awesome though.

Old 01-05-2011, 11:08 PM

3,961 posts, read 6,625,157 times
I guess I underestimated the comments on In-n-Out, Moderator cut: not allowed . But In-n-Out tends to generate lots of opinions...

True, SLC has a lot of good local burger chains, and that is why In-n-Out is so interesting as a new entrant. My guess is the chain wants to stay somewhat "close to home", (i.e. CA, NV, AZ), but why enter a market with such competition? Just for the game? Or is there a true market?

Wonder where the new "In-n-out" is headed next. They are obviously in expansion mode with their new management. Perhaps Idaho, or Colorado? New Mexico and Texas? Thoughts?

Last edited by SouthernBelleInUtah; 01-06-2011 at 01:39 PM..

Old 01-05-2011, 11:45 PM

6,519 posts, read 4,006,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pw72 View Post
I guess I underestimated the comments on In-n-Out, Moderator cut: not allowed . But In-n-Out tends to generate lots of opinions...

True, SLC has a lot of good local burger chains, and that is why In-n-Out is so interesting as a new entrant. My guess is the chain wants to stay somewhat "close to home", (i.e. CA, NV, AZ), but why enter a market with such competition? Just for the game? Or is there a true market?

Wonder where the new "In-n-out" is headed next. They are obviously in expansion mode with their new management. Perhaps Idaho, or Colorado? New Mexico and Texas? Thoughts?
They are following those of us who left CA.

Last edited by SouthernBelleInUtah; 01-06-2011 at 01:40 PM..

Old 01-06-2011, 10:48 AM

1,722 posts, read 2,251,427 times
In retrospect having eaten there a few times now, I have to feel they are filling a specific niche. They are fairly fast, they are fresh, they DO have excellent fries and shakes, but I have to say I am so NOT impressed with their burgers. That in particular is the area I think Astro/Crown and others have them beat, but consider. The price of the In N Out is indeed MORE affordable so it will NO doubt continue to be popular for the fast inexpensive meal.

Old 01-07-2011, 11:30 AM

1,293 posts, read 1,603,208 times
Is Apollo burgers any good? They built a new one in North SL and I am thinking of trying it.

Old 01-07-2011, 11:40 AM

2,474 posts, read 3,331,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pw72 View Post

They are already coming to DFW area- and building two locations right now. I happen to love the fast food chain.

Old 01-07-2011, 01:49 PM

2,203 posts, read 3,484,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sp2007 View Post
Is Apollo burgers any good? They built a new one in North SL and I am thinking of trying it.
I think so. Give it a try!

Old 01-07-2011, 02:04 PM

13,631 posts, read 8,789,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sp2007 View Post
A lot of people think they're almost identical to Crown Burgers, but I like Crown a lot better myself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area