U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area
 [Register]
Salt Lake City area Salt Lake County - Davis County - Weber County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Unread 09-04-2010, 01:03 AM

2 posts, read 1,460 times
Wink Burger!!

I almost feel expected to like in and out... who cares .. there is one thing on the menu... wow.... ! Moderator cut: too new to post links, see TOS

Last edited by SouthernBelleInUtah; 09-13-2010 at 10:43 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Unread 09-13-2010, 08:34 AM

58 posts, read 60,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stycotl View Post
that's like saying that a person that is only 375 lbs overweight is more health-conscious than their neighbor that is a full 400 lbs overweight. in and out is just as horrible for you as any of the rest of them.
The topic is burger places. Thanks for your contribution.

Unread 09-13-2010, 05:07 PM

2,607 posts, read 3,103,348 times
a little touchy? the topic is burger places. that still does not lessen the irony of your comments about which one is healthier. if the topic were morbidly obese people, and you made the comment that the slightly less obese person was more health-conscious, it would still have been funny.

you can take offense if you want, but i was only noting something i thought was funny. thank you for your contribution.

Unread 09-14-2010, 10:23 AM

360 posts, read 649,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hilgi View Post
I think most people miss the point about In N Out. It is the not best burger or the biggest menu, it is a simple place with basically 4 items, burger, frys, drink or a shake. You can't beat the price for the quality.
You have forgotten about the secret In-N-Out menu. Animal style, protein style, 2x4, etc. There is more than what's listed. Anyhow, I'm now once again without In-N-Out out here in CO, with no planned trips to LV, SLC, or CA.

As for the Utah institutions, lived in SLC for a bit over 7 years and never went to Apollo. I stopped going to Crown because, although good, you get no value from there. Everything being a la carte, I always end up paying $10 at a fast food joint, not my style. Also, I worked a few blocks away from the 2nd S location and I could've walked there but I chose not to. Too pricey$

Unread 09-14-2010, 10:49 AM

1,693 posts, read 2,085,031 times
I'm not sure what you are buying for $10.00 but when I stop by a Crown or Apollo I get the "Cheesburger Special" which is a cheeseburger, medium drink and significant sized order of fries for $5.00 and some change. It's a great buy if I do say so, and is larger than what INO offers. And at least it's not fried on a flat grill. I much prefer over an open flame taste....

Unread 09-14-2010, 07:10 PM

3,070 posts, read 3,846,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcisive View Post
I'm not sure what you are buying for $10.00 but when I stop by a Crown or Apollo I get the "Cheesburger Special" which is a cheeseburger, medium drink and significant sized order of fries for $5.00 and some change. It's a great buy if I do say so, and is larger than what INO offers. And at least it's not fried on a flat grill. I much prefer over an open flame taste....
I like to know also, if you can get a stomach filling meal for around 5 bucks, what would you get for 10 ?

Unread 09-16-2010, 10:22 AM

1,293 posts, read 1,515,575 times
Really? I don' t think I have ever ordered any chezbgr/fries/drink combo at Crown Burger that was under $5. Is that a normal special or do you have to order that on Sundays?

Unread 09-16-2010, 01:29 PM

1,693 posts, read 2,085,031 times
You may wish to review their menu next time, or just ask "how much is the cheesburger special". Last time if I recall not long ago I parted with about $5.65 for the whole deal. It is every day of the week they are open (Mon-Sat). Nothing special really, just a package deal....and a good one if I do say so.

Unread 09-17-2010, 02:04 AM

360 posts, read 649,360 times
I don't ever remember seeing or ordering a combo, but usually a bacon cheeseburger (around 5) then either fries/rings (around 2.50) plus a drink, comes up to around what I thought. Sorry, I don't have access to a store any longer to check those prices, and the website doesn't include prices so I am going by memory.

Point being, they seem higher than your standard fast food fare, and certainly more so than INO.

While googling crown I did notice Denver has a similarly named and similar menu Crown Burger, that I may need to try. Also, thanks to this forum I found out there is now an Cafe Rio here in Denver that I simply must go check out.

Unread 09-17-2010, 04:08 AM

8,266 posts, read 8,821,171 times
In-N-Out isnt too bad but i wouldnt & havent gone out of my way for it. The kids that work their in ca earn $10.00 hr. Thats $2.00 hr more then min wage in ca. Its the highest paying fast food joint in ca.

The burgers at in-n-out are similar to bakers in ca.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area