Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area
 [Register]
Salt Lake City area Salt Lake County - Davis County - Weber County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2010, 12:35 PM

28,090 posts, read 29,934,993 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
Ok, how about some better definitions instead of just insults?
Insults? What on earth are you talking about? See my posts #12 and #16.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2010, 12:56 PM

3,260 posts, read 6,755,670 times
I don't think I could have verbalized it better than Katzpur. I'd say they pretty much nailed the various areas well indeed. Sorry if it offends, just the way it is. Nothing like a little reality check........

Old 02-06-2010, 07:33 PM

835 posts, read 2,075,981 times
I agree with dcisive on the Daybreak thing. It reminds me of the Prospector neighborhood when we were looking to buy in Park City. Once an area has been on or close to being on the EPA Superfund clean up list,,,well, you have to wonder what you would be living with.

Old 02-06-2010, 10:47 PM

8,182 posts, read 9,208,437 times
The "toxic dirt" scare is used by every environmental group to fight developments all over the nation. It is 101 in the school of stopping development. We had a big one in So Cal, the environmentalist were able to persuade the developer to sell the land to the state. Now it is a state park, I guess the toxins aren’t a problem any longer. A miracle!

Old 02-07-2010, 03:29 AM

427 posts, read 1,304,664 times
Well said. If it was so obviously 'toxic', someone could pick up a quick sample, put it in a tube, and go test it. It would be well known, blatant obvious news.

Old 02-07-2010, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrAnderson View Post
Well said. If it was so obviously 'toxic', someone could pick up a quick sample, put it in a tube, and go test it. It would be well known, blatant obvious news.
From what I have heard they did in the 90's and then worked with the EPA to clean it up. Plus I am sure they use top soil.

Either way "elevated levels" of metals is not a big worry to me.

Old 02-24-2010, 06:27 PM

9,368 posts, read 6,967,418 times
Hi guys... Just to give you an update I had the interview last Thursday (18th) was offered the position yesterday and just accepted today. The plan is to start Mid March so I’m going to have to move quickly.

During my visit I only had a chance to tour downtown, the Avenues, and Sugarhouse. I wanted to get to Bountiful, Cottonwood, and further south but time did not permit.

So now I’m going to have to grind to find a place, should I first start with KSL? To avoid Craigslist scammers is there another reliable local resource for rentals?

Old 02-24-2010, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWFL_Native View Post
Hi guys... Just to give you an update I had the interview last Thursday (18th) was offered the position yesterday and just accepted today. The plan is to start Mid March so I’m going to have to move quickly.

During my visit I only had a chance to tour downtown, the Avenues, and Sugarhouse. I wanted to get to Bountiful, Cottonwood, and further south but time did not permit.

So now I’m going to have to grind to find a place, should I first start with KSL? To avoid Craigslist scammers is there another reliable local resource for rentals?
KSL is good. I went through these guys. CDA Properties SLC Utah

Old 02-25-2010, 07:04 PM

28,090 posts, read 29,934,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWFL_Native View Post
Congratulations!

Quote:
Yes, definitely check out Cottonwood Heights! Also Holladay and East Milcreek.

Old 03-18-2010, 08:30 AM

9,368 posts, read 6,967,418 times
So the move is tomorrow! We're going to be living in temporary housing for a month when I start work and the finace' is flying back to conduct the move of our stuff in Mid April. Looking forward to a weekend of skiing and doing some house hunting next week (Bountiful, Millcreek, Sugarhouse, and Cottonwood areas).

Our temp housing is starting to fall through due to last minute disclosure of "Cleaning fees" so now we'll have to scramble to get something, oh the stresses of moving!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area