Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area
 [Register]
Salt Lake City area Salt Lake County - Davis County - Weber County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-06-2010, 02:24 PM

19 posts, read 53,883 times

Advertisements

Ahh, the Federal Gov't - a transfer to SLC might be in the works. I would be downtown, near SLC City Hall.

I would love to live "up in the hills" - not sure what that means for SLC and the commute I have described. Park City seems to be an option, but I am unfamiliar with areas around it that might be less expensive, or even areas up 190.

I'd like to keep it under 500K, and I have two elementary aged kids. Prefer more religious diversity than not, but I have had LDS neighbors and got along great (nice kids, yards always mowed - what's not to like??) fine, so that is not a huge deal.

And as far as drive time, winter not withstanding, can you do PKC to the area I described in less than 40 minutes?

Thanks- great resource here!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2010, 06:05 PM

28,090 posts, read 29,934,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Way Out West View Post
Ahh, the Federal Gov't - a transfer to SLC might be in the works. I would be downtown, near SLC City Hall.

I would love to live "up in the hills" - not sure what that means for SLC and the commute I have described. Park City seems to be an option, but I am unfamiliar with areas around it that might be less expensive, or even areas up 190.

I'd like to keep it under 500K, and I have two elementary aged kids. Prefer more religious diversity than not, but I have had LDS neighbors and got along great (nice kids, yards always mowed - what's not to like??) fine, so that is not a huge deal.

And as far as drive time, winter not withstanding, can you do PKC to the area I described in less than 40 minutes?

Thanks- great resource here!
Personally, if I were you, I'd look on the high avenues. You'd have a great view of Salt Lake City but would be much closer to town than you'd be driving from Park City every day.

Old 03-06-2010, 06:27 PM

23 posts, read 73,968 times
We did the drive today (a Saturday) to PKC in about 25 minutes, completely painless. Actually, a joy to drive - stunning views. However, we also came away with a definite sense that we weren't going to like PKC to live in quite as much as we thought we might. It has much less of a "locals" area than, say, Breckenridge - with which we are much more familiar. So I could imagine it would be overly touristy in winter and dead in the summer (something which a fellow poster emailed me earlier, but we wanted to check anyway ).

Old 03-07-2010, 03:31 AM

9,408 posts, read 11,926,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Personally, if I were you, I'd look on the high avenues. You'd have a great view of Salt Lake City but would be much closer to town than you'd be driving from Park City every day.
I'd second this. There are nice homes there in that range that are high up on the hill with spectacular views, plus you'd be just minutes from work. Also, Olympus Cove might be an option. They have spectacular views there also, it's not a bad commute to downtown, and I think there are homes in your price range there.

Old 03-07-2010, 10:13 AM

74 posts, read 202,001 times
I agree with the other posters. One of the beautiful things about SL is getting to avoid a 40 minute commute (most of the time). I think there are options in SLC that will offer religious diversity and views from the hills.

Old 03-07-2010, 06:35 PM

19 posts, read 53,883 times
Sounds great - I'll look into those areas - does that mean Draper and Sandy?

Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area