Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area
 [Register]
Salt Lake City area Salt Lake County - Davis County - Weber County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2010, 11:30 AM

7 posts, read 8,260 times

Advertisements

650 W. South Temple???? Anyone know about this area? There seem to be some new high rise condos built that are now being leased as apartments.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2010, 12:02 PM

5,120 posts, read 16,595,896 times
I'm not a downtown SLC kind of Utahn. But I would say you're better off staying east of State street. There is a new light rail transportation system in the works from downtown westbound to the airport on North Temple. So perhaps in years to come, the area might be more desirable. ???

Old 03-09-2010, 01:30 PM

99 posts, read 250,563 times
Salt Lake City, most definately!! Especially if you're a single 24 year old. It's not that far from Bountiful and there a lot more for singles to do in SLC. My cousins live in Bountiful, and I've never really liked it; 0 night life and 0 things for singles to do.

Old 03-09-2010, 03:26 PM

28,091 posts, read 29,952,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eggalegga View Post
But I would say you're better off staying east of State street.
I used to feel that way, but the west side of State Street in the downtown area is starting to be pretty different than it used to be. A few years back, my 20-something son told me he was moving to an address on west 2nd South. I kind of freaked out because when I was growing up in Salt Lake, west 2nd South was the red light district. It's not that way any more. A lot of old buildings are being converted to lofts, etc. and new condos are going up. There are a lot of areas west of State Street I wouldn't even consider if I were moving to the Salt Lake City area, but if I were a lot younger and single, I can easily see being attracted to the west side of the downtown area.

Old 03-09-2010, 08:52 PM

1,294 posts, read 3,253,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjarvies View Post
650 W. South Temple???? Anyone know about this area? There seem to be some new high rise condos built that are now being leased as apartments.
Is that the new condos they built by the Gateway? They seem pretty nice. Check out the City Creek development too.

Old 03-10-2010, 05:45 AM

23 posts, read 76,733 times
The Aves, Sugarhouse, 9th & 9th area... all good...

SLC has great vintage architecture... places like this are fairly affordable:

Moderator cut: can't post real estate sites

Last edited by SouthernBelleInUtah; 03-10-2010 at 07:32 AM..

Old 03-10-2010, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Also, does anyone know the 555 E. 100 So. area?
I like that area. I grew up around 2100 East and 800 South, so it's not far from where my old stomping grounds were . I would think for a 24 year old single person, that would be a great place. It's very close to a lot of coffee shops, restaurants, the city library, Gateway Mall, City Creek shopping center (which is under construction), etc. That's practically downtown, and it is really close to the University of Utah with a lot of people your age.

Old 03-10-2010, 10:17 AM

Quote:
I haven't lived in Salt Lake for a little over a year, so I'm not as familiar with the new condos being contructed there. It is an area in transition. It used to be sort of an industrial area, but has been developed in recent years. It's within walking distance from the Gateway mall, Energy Solutions Arena (where the jazz play). You can also walk to the Intermodel Hub (which is where the commuter trains connect, etc.) The FrontRunner commuter train goes up to Bountiful, but it may not go close to where you work. That's all I know about that area.

Old 03-10-2010, 12:30 PM

1,294 posts, read 3,253,803 times
No the Frontrunner only gets you to WoodsCross, near 500 South and 800 West. Thats a pretty long walk to the hospital from there. Maybe one of the 46? buses can get you closer from there. Check out Welcome to UTA for more info.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area