U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area
 [Register]
Salt Lake City area Salt Lake County - Davis County - Weber County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2008, 03:47 PM

273 posts, read 859,499 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceceaz View Post
I have a holmes home home. very poor workman ship. never again
And why does the craftsmanship of your Holmes home have anything to do with the HOA being a "joke"?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2008, 07:25 PM

494 posts, read 1,217,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DP525 View Post
And why does the craftsmanship of your Holmes home have anything to do with the HOA being a "joke"?
That post wasn't tying Holmes Homes with the HOA... the HOA wasn't referenced in the post. It was just a warning to potential homebuyers to stay away from Holmes Homes. I definitely have to agree. Nothing would make me happier than seeing Holmes Homes going bankrupt. I was really happy to see that Garbett is now in Daybreak... Now, if their townhomes weren't so ugly...

Old 04-25-2009, 07:17 PM

1 posts, read 2,393 times
Default thinking of moving to daybreak

I sure hope someone reads this who lives there and can help me out-- Its been a while since anyone has posted. We currently are living in CA but my husband got laid off so now we are making plans to move to UT where I grew up. We have found a home in daybreak that we are thinking of purchasing but after reading the forum I am a little worried. I wonder if things have cleared up as far as Hoa management(heard a few people gripping about them) I am also wondering if anyone knows who the builder was on Topview Rd on East Village? Are they any good? Please help!! I only have a month to decide!! Thanks

Old 04-26-2009, 11:41 AM

273 posts, read 859,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by naty View Post
I sure hope someone reads this who lives there and can help me out-- Its been a while since anyone has posted. We currently are living in CA but my husband got laid off so now we are making plans to move to UT where I grew up. We have found a home in daybreak that we are thinking of purchasing but after reading the forum I am a little worried. I wonder if things have cleared up as far as Hoa management(heard a few people gripping about them) I am also wondering if anyone knows who the builder was on Topview Rd on East Village? Are they any good? Please help!! I only have a month to decide!! Thanks
I live in Daybreak. Keep in mind when reading internet forums that people only tend to post when they are angry about something. For every angry internet poster there are a hundred happy folks who don't post. So don't let these forums scare you away from Daybreak but use them to learn what to watch for and be concerned about. I had a run-in with the HOA when I first moved in but got the issue ironed out and haven't had a problem since. The people running the "HOA" (actually a management company hired by Kennecott Land with no homeowners involved yet) have been replaced a couple of times and the new ones seem to be more homeowner oriented. Just make doubly sure the house you are looking at is in compliance with all covenants. I would request a letter from the HOA saying such so they can't come at you later.

We LOVE living in Daybreak. Our neighbors are great and we really enjoy the parks, lake, trails, and other amenities. The builders in Daybreak have lots all over and they are intermingled. That way you don't get houses with the same design close to each other. The only way to know who built your house is to ask. A realtor should be able to provide the answer. Also, the HOA can tell you if you provide them the lot number.

Good luck with your decision!

Old 04-27-2009, 12:41 PM

1,061 posts, read 1,359,186 times
people here like to gripe about the HOA because there used to having there house just stuck on the side of a main road. They dont have to keep there house or yard maintained unless they want to, they can have there front lawn looking like a scrap metal yard etc. If you like having a well maintained house, your neighbores to have a well maintained house and clean, well groomed and nice common areas, community pools etc then daybreak is great. Were actually looking to move there in the next few months

Old 04-27-2009, 01:06 PM

401 posts, read 584,456 times
Let me know what you think of Daybreak, Tim.
I have heard good things about that place as well.
I gues moving to UT is not as hard as most want it to be believed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Tim Tim View Post
people here like to gripe about the HOA because there used to having there house just stuck on the side of a main road. They dont have to keep there house or yard maintained unless they want to, they can have there front lawn looking like a scrap metal yard etc. If you like having a well maintained house, your neighbores to have a well maintained house and clean, well groomed and nice common areas, community pools etc then daybreak is great. Were actually looking to move there in the next few months

Old 04-28-2009, 10:51 AM

no, people here that complain and make it sound tough are people that have lived here forever and are spoiled. Daybreak is alot like the community of westchase in tampa, if your familiar with that. A very large community broken up into alot of different subdivisions. there are community pools, walk paths, ponds and parks throughout the area that your HOA fees are going towards. Its not really hiking trails or anything, just a nice place to go take the dog out for a walk or go for a walk with your wife type. Of course your still only about 20 minutes from the canyons and maybe 30 from downtown.

Old 04-28-2009, 12:55 PM

Sounds so sweet.... what about the Draper area?
How far is that from Downtown SLC?

Quote:
no, people here that complain and make it sound tough are people that have lived here forever and are spoiled. Daybreak is alot like the community of westchase in tampa, if your familiar with that. A very large community broken up into alot of different subdivisions. there are community pools, walk paths, ponds and parks throughout the area that your HOA fees are going towards. Its not really hiking trails or anything, just a nice place to go take the dog out for a walk or go for a walk with your wife type. Of course your still only about 20 minutes from the canyons and maybe 30 from downtown.

Old 04-28-2009, 02:40 PM

draper is roughy the same distance, maybe a tad further. South jordan (daybreak) is on the west side and draper is on the east side. Draper does have i15 to take you downtown so eventhough its a tad further, its probably a tad faster getting there as well. Some parts of draper have some amazing views of the whole valley being up on the hill a little bit so thats also a plus about draper (in my opinion). It also seems a little bit more lds then southjordan though.. they each have there strong points depending on your views. I would love to live in either area honestly

Old 04-28-2009, 03:16 PM

In the past, I remember someone telling me that Draper was nice and also has other schools, as well. I may have to keep my eye on these areas if/when we can move to UT.

Quote:
draper is roughy the same distance, maybe a tad further. South jordan (daybreak) is on the west side and draper is on the east side. Draper does have i15 to take you downtown so eventhough its a tad further, its probably a tad faster getting there as well. Some parts of draper have some amazing views of the whole valley being up on the hill a little bit so thats also a plus about draper (in my opinion). It also seems a little bit more lds then southjordan though.. they each have there strong points depending on your views. I would love to live in either area honestly
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area