U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2010, 07:30 AM

993 posts, read 2,189,218 times

Advertisements

My wife hails from Rhode Island, so she misses a Dunkin' Donuts on every street corner. We have started the tradition of going to the one at the airport past security, every time we fly somewhere.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2010, 07:48 AM

3,183 posts, read 7,417,653 times
DD has a huge variety of not just doughnuts, but bagels, twists, muffins, etc. plus the best coffee

from their website:
Since the 1950s, Dunkin’ Donuts has been a morning destination for millions of people who turn to Dunkin’ Donuts everyday to get a fresh start with a great cup of coffee or baked good. Over the past 60 years, Dunkin’ Donuts has expanded its menu to include iced coffee, flavored coffees, lattes, Coolatta® slush drinks, hot chocolate, Munchkins® donut hole treats, freshly baked muffins and bagels and breakfast sandwiches. In 2005, the company brought together a “Culinary Dream Team” of acclaimed chefs led by Executive Chef Stan Frankenthaler, to create new and innovative menu choices for busy people on the go. Most recently, the company introduced the DDSMART better-for-you menu and afternoon snacks such as flatbread sandwiches and cinnamon twists to offer guests more choices throughout the day.
Dunkin' Donuts is the largest coffee and baked goods chain in the world, selling more than one billion cups of hot and iced coffee and more than 900 million donuts and Munchkins™ donut hole treats every year. Today, there are more than 6,500 restaurants in 35 U.S. states and the District of Columbia and more than 2,600 international restaurants in 29 countries.

I look for one whenever I travel I miss them so much!!!!!!

The company that owned then for many years (Allied Domeniq IIRC) missed the boat on expansion. Starbucks sprung up all over the country, while DD only opened up new stores in mainly existing territories (mainly the Northeast). Their new owners (actually a consortium of owners) had plans for more aggressive expansion, but then the economy crashed. I am hoping that the largest coffee and baked goods chain in the world opens more here in San Antonio! However, according to their website: "Please fill out our interest profile to be contacted when the<San Antonio> market opens."

Old 06-11-2010, 09:30 AM

7,650 posts, read 8,101,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasNick View Post
What's wrong with Shipley's? They are better! Their kolaches are good, too.
People are particular about their donuts, just like their coffee, pizza, etc.

Old 06-11-2010, 04:06 PM
SA5

60 posts, read 120,742 times
The Dunkin Donuts on Military (just north of Hwy.90) is excellent and worth the trip from wherever you are in town. Luckily, it's not a tremendous drive to get there from our house and I go every now and then. You cannot beat their iced coffee. As a (long ago) transplanted Northeasterner, I do love getting to go there on occasion. Last summer when I visited Boston and NY it was a great treat to have them so accessible!

Old 06-11-2010, 04:16 PM

1,581 posts, read 3,016,890 times
There were so many Dunkin Donuts here back in the day. I used to frequent one A LOT on Harry Wurzbach back in the early 70s, because they had a waitress I was sweet on!

Old 06-11-2010, 06:09 PM

93 posts, read 169,843 times
I was reminded this morning how amazing Shipley Donuts are. No one comes close to them. An apple fritter that is stuffed with apple.....MMMMMMM!

Old 07-30-2011, 10:09 PM

10,864 posts, read 11,913,573 times
I guess we now have confirmation that Dunkin' Donuts is indeed about to expand into the SA market. (Yes, I know we have the airport location and the other by the base). I received an invitation from them in the mail today to attend a franchising seminar with their executives in mid August over at The Rim.

Old 07-30-2011, 10:58 PM

59 posts, read 85,233 times
Doughnuts are a dime a dozen around here. It's the coffee that makes it worth the trip hands down. Back east they were everywhere now I have to drive 15 miles across town to get to one .

Old 07-31-2011, 01:58 AM

4,081 posts, read 6,088,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
1. Airport Terminal 1

2. 7000 W Military Dr

3. 811 San Pedro Ave

or call SAPD for most accurate info

Old 07-31-2011, 07:38 PM

993 posts, read 2,189,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
I guess we now have confirmation that Dunkin' Donuts is indeed about to expand into the SA market. (Yes, I know we have the airport location and the other by the base). I received an invitation from them in the mail today to attend a franchising seminar with their executives in mid August over at The Rim.
Let us know if they mention where the locations might be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio