Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2010, 02:42 AM

4 posts, read 9,529 times

Advertisements

I'm moving this year and my 2 options are san antonio tx or charlotte NC. I donno which to choose?!. I'm interested in staying in a place that is very modern and up to date with things and i hear that both places are not like that at all. People say i fit the best in california but thats not an option for me now!. I love good whether (not cold not too hot), Beautiful places nice people, educated and open minded people, great shopping places with brand names and stuff great places to hangout?!.

I've asked people before and some said people in san antonio are closed minded and ugly (someone hates the place obviously lol!) and the same said for charlotte. Which one should i choose help me people!

whatever information usubmit will be appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2010, 05:06 AM

7,130 posts, read 11,832,217 times
I agree - graduate high school first.

Old 06-17-2010, 06:54 AM

4 posts, read 9,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRedneck View Post
I agree - graduate high school first.
I did graduate highschool, i'm a transfer student!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 06-17-2010, 06:55 AM

790 posts, read 1,880,863 times
San Antonio and Charlotte are very, very different towns. It's like trying to chose between living in London or Tokyo. I'd suggest visiting both towns and keeping an open mind to each city. Don't let others be your guide. I do know that Charlotte was really slammed with the bad economy/recession. Charlotte was a very financial-centric city during the late 90s and early 2000s.

Old 06-17-2010, 05:31 PM

554 posts, read 2,306,870 times
I've lived in SA for 25+ years, but I would say Charlotte. I love, love, love Charlotte and would move there in a heartbeat if I had the opportunity.

Old 07-07-2010, 11:32 AM

187 posts, read 491,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikobabe View Post
I'm moving this year and my 2 options are san antonio tx or charlotte NC. I donno which to choose?!. I'm interested in staying in a place that is very modern and up to date with things and i hear that both places are not like that at all. People say i fit the best in california but thats not an option for me now!. I love good whether (not cold not too hot), Beautiful places nice people, educated and open minded people, great shopping places with brand names and stuff great places to hangout?!.

I've asked people before and some said people in san antonio are closed minded and ugly (someone hates the place obviously lol!) and the same said for charlotte. Which one should i choose help me people!

whatever information usubmit will be appreciated!
I was a teacher right out of university (moved from IL) many years ago for 9 years. It was one of the best experiences of my lifetime. The river walk is wonderful and there are many places to go hiking. My husband (who I met there) and I often recall the wonderful food. I did get tired of the heat and missed the seasons. We are looking to relocate to Charlotte since I do love the warm weather but enjoy the prospect of snow.

Old 07-07-2010, 12:57 PM

221 posts, read 561,984 times
It depends on who you ask...but I have lived in SA my entire life and I do Love it...we are modern and up to date on shopping, night life, and restaurants. You just have to get in with a good hip crowd and you will enjoy it...plus we are only 1 hr a way from Austin....which would be EXACTLY what you are looking for! If I were you I would look to stay in between SA and Austin so you can work in SA but play in ATX!

Old 07-07-2010, 01:07 PM

18,495 posts, read 32,943,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXRose View Post
I've lived in SA for 25+ years, but I would say Charlotte. I love, love, love Charlotte and would move there in a heartbeat if I had the opportunity.
I agree.

I only lived in SA for 4 years but I would go with Charlotte too.

Both are fast growing cities, but I think SA is growing in population only while Queen Charlotte is ripening with age.

SA is the 7th largest city in the US but still feels like a small podunk town ( I am kinda biased because I am not a fan of living in small towns)

To be honest SA is a fun place to visit and you might be deceived if you visit SA.

when you visit they take you places like the riverwalk and you may think it is the best place on Earth, but it gets tiring really quickly.

Unfortunately you need to spend a good number of weeks before you get the feel of the place.

If you are looking for a vibrant upcoming place skip SA. The town is stuck in the 50's

Old 07-07-2010, 04:47 PM

810 posts, read 1,425,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sawatchdog View Post
It depends on who you ask...but I have lived in SA my entire life and I do Love it...we are modern and up to date on shopping, night life, and restaurants. You just have to get in with a good hip crowd and you will enjoy it...plus we are only 1 hr a way from Austin....which would be EXACTLY what you are looking for! If I were you I would look to stay in between SA and Austin so you can work in SA but play in ATX!
Modern and up-to-date? You have got to be kidding me. If you have not been or lived in other major cities other than San Antonio, then that would be the impression. I am sorry to tell the truth but there is nothing modern and up-to-date about San Antonio.

Old 07-07-2010, 06:59 PM

3,247 posts, read 9,050,177 times
SA is not so bad -other than downtown Charlotte this is the most boring city in America
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
View detailed profiles of: