Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2010, 10:42 AM

8,399 posts, read 22,987,315 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08914240 View Post
This is old news. They are all in prison now. And those ID cards are no big deal. They don't give you access to anything.
I think we just found one of the missing Afghans!

I have the official BOLO on these individuals, so I can tell you firsthand that it is legitimate. Even FOX News is reporting information that may not be accurate, so if you are using that as your source then that explains a lot!

Secondly, the statement that ID cards don't give you access to anything is so completely off the mark I can't even fathom why anyone would make such an ignorant statement!

If you have some "other" information that you can't share on here, contact me via PM. I have access to systems where you can share it with me if you do truly have something to back your statements. Otherwise, I can't help but doubt your comments...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2010, 11:07 AM

2,196 posts, read 1,994,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majormadmax View Post
You've got to be freakin' kidding me!

The concern is that these Afghans were issued DoD ID cards, meaning they could possibly try to gain access to other military installations.

I just wonder why this has been going on for two years, and no mention of it in the local news. That might've helped in locating a few of these individuals before they've had at least a three-month head start!

Not that it matters much, but a list of these missing Afghans can be found here.

Cheers! M2
Majormadmax !!! ... Well Said !........

Yes Sir ! Just one more prime example of our nations definite and shocking internal state of decline !

There appears to be very few if any "Career Politicians" left in the WH or anywhere in D.C. left that give a damn about this beloved nation !

We can only blame ourselves for electing such a "Rouges Gallery" to high political positions in our government !

This case of the missing Afghans is but another instance of "Idiotic Blundering" by those who are "Asleep At The Switch" within our elected leadership !

We must all do a much better job when it comes to our "Patriotism" and our desire to preserve this great nation for our children !

If we do not my friends we shall "ALL' .... (As in everyone of us) witness the total demise of America, and in very short order !

Wake Up America ! Thanks / Old Sgt. Lamar

Old 06-20-2010, 11:16 AM

5 posts, read 5,695 times
I know the IDs give you access to the base but that's it. That poses as much of a threat as anyone working on a base can drive in weapons or a bomb.

Last edited by 08914240; 06-20-2010 at 12:37 PM..

Old 06-20-2010, 11:18 AM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 38,108,718 times
Quote:
This is old news. They are all in prison now. And those ID cards are no big deal. They don't give you access to anything.
Sounds like you have a lot of reassurance to offer the thread.

Would you care to elaborate, maybe with with an old link to the old news?

The folks in this thread who work at Lackland seem to think those cards are a big deal. Perhaps you can explain more of your view on that, too?

Old 06-20-2010, 12:13 PM

The media has not reportered this eariler to my knowledge but just because the media doesn't report things don't mean they don't happen. The media doesn't know everything that goes on, especially in government facilities and when they do it's not always accurate information. I had already explained what happened. They didn't want to go back to their country so they fled in fear of what would be done to them back home. That's it in a nutshell. A reaction many would consider if placed in the same situation. I won't elaborate on details. The media obviously wasn't able to get answers, perhaps for a reason.

Old 06-20-2010, 12:45 PM

385 posts, read 626,429 times
This is completely and utterly ridiculous. I'm not saying that these guys are terrorists but if it does turn out that one or some of these 17 do eventually do something harmful to this nation, I would think that heads would roll at Lackland. This is a major oversight. Who is responsible for this?

Old 06-20-2010, 01:41 PM

Quote:
The media has not reportered this eariler to my knowledge but just because the media doesn't report things don't mean they don't happen. The media doesn't know everything that goes on, especially in government facilities and when they do it's not always accurate information. I had already explained what happened. They didn't want to go back to their country so they fled in fear of what would be done to them back home. That's it in a nutshell. A reaction many would consider if placed in the same situation. I won't elaborate on details. The media obviously wasn't able to get answers, perhaps for a reason.
That's a very vague explanation, care to elaborate on how you have all this knowledge?

By the way, since I work on Lackland I know how easy it is to get on base; but a DoD CAC will also gain them access to almost any military base and that is a threat if they have nefarious intentions. I've been involved in numerous security programs over my 25 years in uniform and the four years since retiring, so I believe I have a pretty good idea of the security risk that could arise from this.

Again, if you have details you don't feel like sharing with the general public, I will be more than glad to send you my email address on numerous classified systems where you can share it with me...

Old 06-20-2010, 02:20 PM

There's really nothing more to say on the matter. It probably need to know information and it's not that interesting. The point is that these people are in prison for now. Not because they are terrorists but because they violated their contract by running away. Just like a basic trainee would be in trouble if he or she went awol. Personally I feel that these students should be more closely monitored and have there movements restricted. To many times they want to go out having fun just like any tech schooler but unlike a tech schooler, it's not uncommon for them to leave the state to go to Las Vegas over the weekend for example, which they arn't suppose to do, but what can we do about it? Nothing is that wrong with it in itself but these kinds of activities can lead to things like this happening. It's political and our gov. seems to walk on tip-toes with foreign nationals to not cause a "national incidint" because all it takes is a complaint from them to their chain of command and the **** hits the fan. There are many many tollarances given to them and if they do something bad enough, they get flown back home with our money and private jets. They do not all cause trouble, these are a select few. Many graduate and become very successful military officers but some just don't cut the mustard.

Last edited by 08914240; 06-20-2010 at 02:33 PM..

Old 06-20-2010, 03:48 PM

Sorry partner, but you don't have a clue. First, they would not be held in US prisons for this unless they committed a crime, at which point their location would be known to the Federal government.

Secondly, if for some reason they are sent back, usually it is on their government's dime. If the US does pay for it, it is either via commercial air or a military flight. We don't waste the money to send these individuals on "private jets."

Thirdly, Gov Rick Perry has no involvement in this whatsoever, so dragging his name into this only proves you really don't know what you are talking about.

Lastly, there are no travel restrictions while they are in the country. They are allowed to travel freely.

How do I know all this? Because I work with foreign officers who are stationed here.

While amusing to you, your posting of erroneous information on here is not helping...

Old 06-20-2010, 03:53 PM

I never mentioned rick. I don't know all the ins and outs of foreign nationals. It's not my area really. All I know is my experiences and they were very very close ones so I know what I'm talking about.I don't discuess things I don't know. You're telling me about the rules and how it's suppose to work? I don't care about the rules. Who follows those anymore?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio