U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2009, 12:50 PM

1,131 posts, read 1,472,866 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tellosahn View Post
I've lived in San Antonio for about 1 year and I'm seriously thinking of moving back to where I used to live (Illinois). I live in a pretty nice neighborhood/apartment complex and since I've been here there have been thefts and an apartment broken into in broad daylight. A friend of mine lives in another area that's pretty nice and her car was stolen recently. I've researched different apartments and checked specifically for blogs/comments of apartment dwellers online and most of them site that there are burglaries, cars being broken into, etc. I really like this town and what it has to offer, but I don't feel safe in my own home!
*Knocks on wood*

I've lived in SA a pretty good while and the only thing that's ever happened to me was a couple of years ago someone broke into my car, parked in the back area of a restaurant, and stole my cell. It's odd how many can go years even decades without something happening and others seem to have it happen to them seemingly constantly. Were you a bad person in another life? j/k

My advice, find an apartment complex that you like and is near crime free status.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2009, 07:48 PM

3,770 posts, read 7,274,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HisLilSecret View Post
I think it was! *lol*
I thought it was Harlem...??? but i could be wrong....nevermind maybe it was East St Louis....darn all those sequels!

Old 11-13-2010, 09:33 AM

1 posts, read 870 times
Did any body know what hapened in San Miguel at canyon springs
something like broken cars and helds???

Old 11-13-2010, 01:01 PM

46 posts, read 103,000 times
One of my friends works a part time job at the convenience store, says he sees all his customers in a newspaper called The Slammer. He says they have no idea that everyone else knows what they did. I just laugh.
I agree that violent crimes are low, but over all crime is high. I think it just depends on where you live and how careful you are not to put your self in a bad situation. And you might be over paranoid. Nothing has ever happened to me or anyone I know. But others just have a horrible time and tell me my car will get stolen before I shut the door. I don't see it ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or