U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2010, 12:16 PM

8,303 posts, read 12,831,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GEM-Texas View Post
We saw Tony arrive at Maggiano's in the Rim just at closing time and take a big round table. The waiters were told to be on red alert. They were seemingly annoyed as now they would have to hang around for a long time.
God forbid his highness would get upset! Plus, that's rude, why didn't he go during the regular business hours or was he to afraid to have to mingle with the "common people" for too long!

The man dribbles a basketball and shoots it towards a basket for a living, he may have some skills doing that but honestly that doesn't make him anything special. He should count his blessings that someone is willing to overpay him for playing a kid's game!

If you want to see some true celebrities, go to the San Antonio airport when a military rotator comes back from Iraq or Afghanistan. It will be full of people that society needs to celebrate, not clowns like Parker and Longoria...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2010, 01:24 PM

2,770 posts, read 3,210,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majormadmax View Post
If you want to see some true celebrities, go to the San Antonio airport when a military rotator comes back from Iraq or Afghanistan. It will be full of people that society needs to celebrate, not clowns like Parker and Longoria...
Excellent post!

I have seen Timmy and David out at a burger joint in Leon Springs many times, but never considered them celebrities; they play basketball.

I saw George out at the San Antonio Rose, but never considered him a celebrity (though we don't see him around much in public); he's a singer.

I saw Willie stop in at Floore's once when I was there having a beer. He wasn't playing there, he was just passing through. He bought me a beer. He's not a celebrity, he's a legend.

So I guess I have never seen a celebrity in San Antonio.

Old 06-28-2010, 01:37 PM

558 posts, read 688,733 times
Kirk Franklin with his family at the Cheesecake Factory some time last year. Much shorter in person, than on TV. Odd because he looks short on TV.

Old 06-28-2010, 02:03 PM

I gotta admit, I'd enjoy meeting Willie; but only because I agree with HCHRM that he is a legend!

And it was a blast smoking stogies with Kinky in Stone Oak, if only because he is a lot of fun to talk to! The man can have an educated discussion on about any topic under the sun, and he loves animals so that makes him OK in my book!

I also enjoy several of Tommy Lee Jones's movies (MiB, No Country For Old Men), so I guess I would cool to see him in public somewhere here in town.

But as for most of the Spurs, I am sure they are nice guys but if they displayed the kind of arrogance described in the previous post I would be far from impressed!

Old 06-28-2010, 02:04 PM

546 posts, read 524,993 times
Quote:
I gotta admit, I'd enjoy meeting Willie; but And it was a blast smoking stogies with Kinky in Stone Oak, if only because he is a lot of fun to talk to! The man can have an educated discussion on about any topic under the sun, and he loves animals so that makes him OK in my book!
Did he make you buy one of his $10 specials?

Old 06-28-2010, 04:05 PM

35 posts, read 46,914 times
Quote:
God forbid his highness would get upset! Plus, that's rude, why didn't he go during the regular business hours or was he to afraid to have to mingle with the "common people" for too long!

Not trying to speak for the OP...but I read it as the WAITSTAFF being annoyed at having to stay behind and serve/wait on him since it was near closing time.

Of course...TP does seem like he'd be a turd to us "common folk"

Old 06-28-2010, 07:44 PM

995 posts, read 1,408,984 times
Quote:

Isn't such information privileged anyway?

Old 06-28-2010, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuanValdez View Post
Did he make you buy one of his $10 specials?

A whole box of them, but he was kind enough to autograph then for me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoop06 View Post
Not trying to speak for the OP...but I read it as the WAITSTAFF being annoyed at having to stay behind and serve/wait on him since it was near closing time.

Of course...TP does seem like he'd be a turd to us "common folk"
Yeah, I got that, but what makes him so special to expect the place to keep an entire staff around on his behalf? I would be annoyed if the Tony & Eva showed up when I was about ready to go home to my family after a long night; especially if they felt they needed an entire staff to wait on them. Have they never seen the movie Waiting?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newk View Post
Isn't such information privileged anyway?
It's public knowledge as the families are allowed to meet the incoming troops when they come home.

If there were any operational security concerns over troops returning from OEF or OIF to SA, they would have them flown into Kelly Field where security could be maintained. But for the most part, considering the amount of troops I see at the major airports when I fly, I would have to say it is far from "privileged"...

As a matter of fact, some places make a huge deal out of it! Given SA's reputation for being such a pro-military town, maybe it should make more of an effort to welcome our troops back as well!

Old 06-28-2010, 10:09 PM

2,261 posts, read 3,526,046 times
Funny thread- Karen Grace a celebrity. But seriously go to LA if you want a real celebrity.

Old 06-29-2010, 06:41 AM

228 posts, read 254,628 times
I had a Caruso (David) sighting a couple years back downtown...doubt he still has a place here though
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio