U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 07-23-2010, 10:46 PM

3,121 posts, read 2,359,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffyfan View Post
A friend of mine made out with Mario Lopez. Apparently after Saved by the Bell, he was getting into a lot of trouble, and came down to SA to stay with his grandmother to sober up. My friend met him at a club, he was smashed, and made out with him in the parking lot. LOL...she had to drive him home in her jeep. Another friend was driving on 281 that evening, looked over, saw our friend in the jeep with Mario Lopez!
Speaking of Mario Lopez and Saved by the Bell. If anyone remembers the episode with the girl wrestler that wants to join the team (episode titled "Hold me Tight") and Jessie thinks she is after Slater. The girl wrestler's real name is Krystee Clark. I went to high school with her in Fla. One of the absolute nicest people you could meet. One of those people you always kind of knew were destined for Hollywood, although she never really got that "big" break. She has done some steady work in tv (7th Heaven, Boy Meets Word, etc) but never really took off.
Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2011, 10:04 PM

13 posts, read 20,984 times
My husband was out at Mystic Shores (Canyon Lake) where he was working a few summers ago, and Sam Elliot came over on his trike(sp?) and offered hubby a bottle of water from his cooler. My husband has seen/spoken to Sam a number of times since and says what a down to earth guy he is.

Hubby has also seen Tommy Lee Jones many times at different gas stations, once in Hung Fong and once in the liquor store he was managing. Jones is an arrogant, loud mouth a$$hole. He actually stood up in the middle of Hung Fong, yelling at some poor guy for allowing his young kid (a boy of about 10) to, "Sit f*****g staring at me when I'm trying to eat".

Old 09-13-2011, 12:29 AM

409 posts, read 424,167 times
Hmm...lessee....
Met Jack Nicholson back in 82 while he was here. Forgot the name of the hotel. Very nice person.
Sat at a table next to Mike Yuchnitz at Sam Won oriental restaurant. He musta poured a whole bottle of cologne on himself.
Took pics with R. Lee Ermey after meeting him at a car show a few years ago. After seeing Full Metal Jacket I wanted him to give me a royal a**chewing just because. It didn't seem like it was him cause he was too nice but he did choke me. Lol.
Also have met Danny Delapaz (puppet) from the movie "American Me" at Eisenhauer Flea Market. A super cool dude.
Shook Bill Cosby's hand after one of his performances at the Majestic. I was in the front row and he kept giving me funny looks cause I was laughing so hard at his jokes. We had a brief conversation. A super nice person.
Met George Gervin during a school graduation. Also a super nice person.
Also met Jose Lothario (wrestler) while he was mingling in the crowd right before the matches started at the Municipal Auditorium. All Star Wresting. He asked me who my favorite wrestler was. Of course I said, You are." But actually it was Johnny Valentine at the time.
I was also interviewed by Karen Martinez (cutie) when something happened in my neighborhood that made big news. Also met Gina Galaviz at the same time. They were both real nice ppl too.
All I can think of for now...

Old 08-13-2014, 10:40 PM

8 posts, read 2,127 times
Has anyone had any recent Spottings ?

Old 08-14-2014, 05:52 AM

423 posts, read 256,895 times
In the past, I saw Davy Crockett in person @ the Majestic Theater.
(Fess Parker).
Darren McGavin shopping @ North Star Mall (Joske's)
I met Selena, Carlos Santana, when I worked @ KWEX.

Most recent: David Robinson @ McFarlin Tennis Center.
Tim Duncan @ local gas station.

Old 08-14-2014, 09:54 AM

960 posts, read 506,227 times
I rented Augie Meyers a car this past spring. He was very friendly and down to earth.

Old 08-14-2014, 02:21 PM

2,821 posts, read 2,548,939 times
Local celebrities count? Billy Cavender came into where I work on Tuesday

Old 08-14-2014, 04:21 PM

20 posts, read 34,254 times
Well, personally I was glad when I heard Jessica Biel got married to Justin Timberlake because I was tired of having to turn on the front yard sprinklers to get her to leave me alone ever since we stopped dating. I also still find myself apologizing to my coworkers for the many times she showed up and starting crying in front of everybody for me to take her back. Each time it was very embarrassing but luckily I have cool coworkers who understood the toll it was taking on me.

;-)

Old 08-14-2014, 04:27 PM

1,450 posts, read 1,280,860 times
Default Elvis,

I saw Elvis filling up his Cadillac with gas @ Les Harrison and Culebra the other afternoon on my way out to Wal-Mart. As I drove by, he waved.
I also did have a bigfoot sighting in the same vicinity.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranchodrive View Post
In the past, I saw Davy Crockett in person @ the Majestic Theater.
(Fess Parker).
Darren McGavin shopping @ North Star Mall (Joske's)
I met Selena, Carlos Santana, when I worked @ KWEX.

Most recent: David Robinson @ McFarlin Tennis Center.
Tim Duncan @ local gas station.

Old 08-15-2014, 12:02 AM

437 posts, read 314,585 times
I've seen many, many celebs throughout my career (have clients in the entertainment industry, (Sony, MGM etc)...but if we're only counting SA sightings then only David Robinson and Shawn Michaels.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio