Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2010, 04:06 PM

55 posts, read 273,158 times

Advertisements

I would like to know which elementry schools in San Antonio have the best ranking and what are their district? which area are the best to rent a house in order to get to those schools? i appreciate any input.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2010, 10:59 AM

156 posts, read 304,175 times
check the relocation sticky on this forum. There are several links to the info you are looking for (you have to scroll down the list).

I live in the Hidden Forest Elem district. I don't have any children in school there, but we chose this area because that school is so highly regarded. I have heard nothing but good things about it. It is a "9" on great schools and gets good parent reviews on that site. Rental house--you might be able to find a rental in the Hidden Forest neighborhood. Also try Hollywood Park. I saw a rental listed on a website recently for around 1600/month in that neighborhood in the same school district. There are also some nice apt complexes in the area. Walker Ranch Apts are in the Hidden Forest district.

Good luck!

Old 06-29-2010, 12:59 PM

16 posts, read 67,767 times
Check out NEISD - Hardy Oak and Wilderness Oak Elementary.

Don't know of any rent houses, but we'll be selling at the end of this year.

Old 06-29-2010, 01:26 PM

1,035 posts, read 2,339,147 times
hardy oooooooaaaaaaaaakkkkkkkkk! It was just named best elementary school in San Antonio, and I have to agree. Fabulous campus, teachers, parents, etc.

Old 06-29-2010, 02:58 PM

9,848 posts, read 13,687,247 times
Doesn't Hardy Oak have capping issues? I would be hesitant moving into that area just to get into Hardy Oak knowing that my kiddos might not even end up going there.

Old 06-29-2010, 04:02 PM

3,216 posts, read 8,552,763 times
Current capping information for NEISD: North East Independent School District

Keep in mind that rankings are somewhat subjective, and differ depending on what organization ranked them. For NEISD, I would look at the high school you eventually want, then the middle school, then the elementary. NEISD has an almost 100% straight feed from ES>MS>HS.

And yes, DO keep in mind that boundaries ARE subject to change...In the Fall of 2012, two more elementaries will open, relieving Wilderness Oak and Canyon Ridge (mostly).

Old 06-29-2010, 05:28 PM

1,035 posts, read 2,339,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashbeeigh View Post
Doesn't Hardy Oak have capping issues? I would be hesitant moving into that area just to get into Hardy Oak knowing that my kiddos might not even end up going there.
no capping at Hardy Oak, it is wilderness and canyon ridge that are overcrowded, but as the poster below mentioned two more elementary schools will open this august to relieve all the elementary schools in the area.

Old 06-29-2010, 07:01 PM

3,216 posts, read 8,552,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoneoak View Post
no capping at Hardy Oak, it is wilderness and canyon ridge that are overcrowded, but as the poster below mentioned two more elementary schools will open this august to relieve all the elementary schools in the area.
Actually the ones that will open this Fall are mainly relieving Roan Forest, and to some extent Bulverde Creek and Canyon Ridge. The ones that will really relieve CR and WO won't open for another two years.

Old 09-13-2010, 10:54 AM

5 posts, read 10,011 times
The website at GreatSchools.com can give you statistics on test scores, demographics, etc. for any school that has been opened a while. Two new elem schools opened fall 2010 on the north side of NorthEAST Indep. School Dist. (NEISD). They are Cibolo Green and Tuscany Heights. The NEISD website can give you some info about them. Good Luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio