U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2014, 09:48 AM

2,651 posts, read 6,505,752 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by drea84 View Post
Any updates in recent years on the progress or decline of the area? I'm very interested in a house on Mallow Dr. I have 3 school aged kids. This particular property is zoned for Roosevelt high. Any input would be appreciated
On the upswing, Roosevelt is a fine high school. City of San antonio recently added the area to annexation plans so that's very good news for the area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2014, 09:57 AM

77 posts, read 85,502 times
So its getting better instead of worse, thats good news

Old 12-30-2014, 10:27 AM

66 posts, read 127,630 times
The only streets I would live on in there are Brecon and Winsford (townhones, not duplexes), anything else off the main street are still super sketchy, including Mallow

Old 12-04-2015, 10:57 AM

1 posts, read 1,124 times
If you're talking about Camelot II, I'm surprised no one mentioned the ugly TRASH problem that has been out there for years. Just very recently, the city and county (to finally clean up the trash) and CPS (to help with better street lighting, esp for kids walking to school in the dark) are getting the area in better shape. Good article and a picture about this today Dec 4th in SA Exp-News by Josh Brodesky, Page A13. But the trash pick-up ain't free. To quote the E-N: "For the next three years, the city will provide trash service....Residents will pay $27.67 a month for the service." I can't tell from maps which area is Camelot II, or Camelot I if that's what the first one is called. Maybe one of them is the area North of Walzem that has the Windcrest golf course, and the other one is the area South of Walzem that has Roosevelt H.S.?

Old 12-04-2015, 12:44 PM

2,651 posts, read 6,505,752 times
Camelot I are the streets surrounding Roosevelt high school between walzem and eisenhauer. Camelot II is farther to the east quite a bit, off Montgomery road directly south of Montgomery elementary. North of walzem is the independent city of windcrest.

Old 12-12-2015, 03:13 PM

66 posts, read 127,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboysfan1 View Post
If you're talking about Camelot II, I'm surprised no one mentioned the ugly TRASH problem that has been out there for years. Just very recently, the city and county (to finally clean up the trash) and CPS (to help with better street lighting, esp for kids walking to school in the dark) are getting the area in better shape. Good article and a picture about this today Dec 4th in SA Exp-News by Josh Brodesky, Page A13. But the trash pick-up ain't free. To quote the E-N: "For the next three years, the city will provide trash service....Residents will pay $27.67 a month for the service." I can't tell from maps which area is Camelot II, or Camelot I if that's what the first one is called. Maybe one of them is the area North of Walzem that has the Windcrest golf course, and the other one is the area South of Walzem that has Roosevelt H.S.?
Camelot II is Winsford and all the streets that branch off it, Camelot I/Scottswood is New World and Ray Bon (between Walzem & Eisenhauer).
Camelot II is in the county, I is not, and the difference is VERY apparent

Old 01-13-2016, 04:33 PM

1 posts, read 919 times
I own 4 properties in Camelot II. I bought 2 last April and 2 back in 2014. The area has improved, but more needs to be done. The 4 I own are well maintained by the renters who have renewed their leases. Before the last 2 were occupied, they had both had windows broken with rocks. Nothing has occurred since. I just drove through there today and noted several previously unoccupied properties that I looked at last year have now been rehabbed and are occupied. There were a couple across the street that had been damaged by fire and am not sure, but think they will probably be torn down, hopefully soon or bought and rehabbed. I have spoken with neighbors near my homes and they had both lived there for over 40 years and had no intention of moving. They also said that at least in their blocks neighbors watch out for each other. Overall, I have noted an improvement in the last 2 years. Property values are also increasing. The area now has regular garbage pickup.

Old 01-24-2016, 11:29 AM

6 posts, read 12,425 times
I have lived very close to the area you mention. About one block at most. For three years now

I hear gunshots almost every night. I am now used to them and they no longer scare me. At first I would be on my porch and run inside afraid when I would hear them. Nope not anymore. Hear then so often its a normal part of life here now.

Sure that Sounds like something you want?

Old 01-24-2016, 12:45 PM

114,159 posts, read 53,997,969 times
Just say no! It's a bad area period.

Old 01-25-2016, 05:32 PM

227 posts, read 280,578 times
Only one phase is needed for that area.

TRASHCAN!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio