Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2010, 12:12 PM

90 posts, read 290,250 times

Advertisements

I'd prefer it was a Carl Jr's, myself, to be honest. There's space there in that shopping center what looks like 2 more pad sites, so there's still a chance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2010, 03:07 PM

399 posts, read 1,139,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryg View Post
I'd prefer it was a Carl Jr's, myself, to be honest. There's space there in that shopping center what looks like 2 more pad sites, so there's still a chance
I'm not sure there will even be room for 1 more pad site once Mickie D's parking lot is completed. Definitely not 2.

Old 08-26-2010, 01:23 PM

1 posts, read 1,471 times
to Kevcrawford, you hit the nail on the head. I love how ppl blame 'mcdonald's or any other fast food place' for ppl being fat -- last i knew; these places weren't force feeding anyone. Lay the blame where it lies -- on those that choose to eat it. Personally, I just don't take myself or my kids in there.

Old 08-26-2010, 01:40 PM

399 posts, read 1,139,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamothy View Post
to Kevcrawford, you hit the nail on the head. I love how ppl blame 'mcdonald's or any other fast food place' for ppl being fat -- last i knew; these places weren't force feeding anyone. Lay the blame where it lies -- on those that choose to eat it. Personally, I just don't take myself or my kids in there.
I take my kids there, Chik-Fil-A too. We manage to stay healthy anyhow. You just have to manage what else you eat and stay active. There's no reason a McDonald's burger should make you fat. If it is, you're eating there too often.

Old 08-26-2010, 08:45 PM

4,287 posts, read 8,026,358 times
So does anyone know when it opens? My lil bro's stopped going to the daycare there, so I haven't passed by that intersection in weeks and have no clue what the progress on the building is. Maybe I should pass by after work tonight and check it out and report back to you. Do a little RED ARMY RECONNOITER.

Old 08-26-2010, 08:58 PM

34 posts, read 73,396 times
The McDonald's opened on Thursday, August 18th. We took our kids there this past weekend. The place is tiny. From what one of the employees was telling, the original plans did not call for a PlayPlace, which I thought was unusual since I thought all McDonald's come standard with a PlayPlace. At the last minute, the franchise owner decided to go with the PlayPlace. The general seating is about half the size of the McDonald's at 281 and Evans, and the PlayPlace seating is poor...probably seating for only about 10 folks. The flooring is very difficult to keep clean, and the employees were constantly mopping. All in all, it was an okay experience since we ended up getting our meal for free because the card machine went down right after I ordered. They had me waiting at the counter, and then the manager ended up saying "it's on us today".

Old 08-26-2010, 09:06 PM

4,287 posts, read 8,026,358 times
Oh, wow! I should have gone there with my family the same day you went, "it's on us"? That's something I'd never expect to hear!

Well, I think we'll check it out when we can. Maybe I'll stop by and get an egg McMuffin in them morning when I get off work.

Old 08-28-2010, 06:34 PM

3,216 posts, read 8,552,763 times
Echoing what Bluffs... said. TINY seating area, over half the space alotted to the play area. In need of a wipedown. There was a family sitting near us that had 4 kids...they were playing a game that was wall mounted. Between the kids and their parents, it was LOUD.

Why on earth they needed to have this game, I don't know. Typical opening blips (staffers milling around not sure of what to do, orders taking forever and getting messed up). I know they do a huge drive through business. It looks like their intent is to do way more DT than sit down.

Old 08-29-2010, 06:47 AM

487 posts, read 1,117,489 times
I purchase a Happy Meal at least once a week . . . for my 85 year old mother. It's a perfect serving size. Taking care of her is a big job and buying an easy meal occasionally is a real treat . . . for me!
Hubby loves the fat free yogurt cones too. (3.5 points if you do weight watchers)

Old 08-29-2010, 06:56 AM

6,705 posts, read 8,771,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryg View Post
We need another McDonald's in SA as much we need another HEB!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio