Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2007, 07:58 PM

10 posts, read 59,821 times

Advertisements

My husband and I are thinking about moving to SA from Mesa, AZ within the next few months. He recently got his CDL and is looking for a truck driving job as well. Are there many trucking companies that are based around SA?

Any ideas?

OH... AND, he's a HUGE old VW nut. How is the VW scene there?

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!!

Thanks!!

~ Mamawest
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2007, 10:17 PM

3,823 posts, read 14,669,863 times
We use JTM for shipping to Del Rio, Laredo, and Douglas, AZ. Here are some other listings:

Trucking, Local in SAN ANTONIO, TX on SAN ANTONIO Yellow Pages by YELLOWPAGES.COM

Trucks - Equipment For Sale by Trucking Companies Texas

You might also try HEB (Food Stores), based in San Antonio.

Old 06-12-2007, 07:36 AM

Great!! Thank you!! I've heard HEB mentioned a few times, are they related to another large chain?? What part of SA would be best to live in if he worked for HEB?

Does anyone know of anyone who works at Toyota? Looks like they have a big place at the south end of town.

Old 06-12-2007, 04:57 PM

106 posts, read 463,585 times
San Antonio Air Coolers is a good sized VW club in San Antonio. They meet every last Thursday? in town. Another club is VOSA (Volkswagen Owners of San Antonio). I think both clubs have websites. Sorry, but I don't have the links.

Old 06-12-2007, 05:04 PM

82 posts, read 614,530 times
Air Coolers Volkswagen Gang - Austin, Dallas, Houston, Killeen, Baton Rouge, San Antonio
VOSA - Volkswagen Owners of San Antonio

I cant imagine driving a vehicle in the heat without A/C I have a 68 Fiat 850 Special that I would like to bring with me when we move, but she wouldnt handle the heat, not to mention me.

Old 06-12-2007, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamawest View Post
Great!! Thank you!! I've heard HEB mentioned a few times, are they related to another large chain?? What part of SA would be best to live in if he worked for HEB?

Does anyone know of anyone who works at Toyota? Looks like they have a big place at the south end of town.
No, HEB is it's own big chain in this area. They have stores just about everywhere with 150 miles of San Antonio and some in Mexico. HEB is located on the East side off of I35. You could find a nice place to live on the Northeast side.

Old 06-12-2007, 10:18 PM

YAY, my husband was all excited to see the VW responses!! ;o)

So do you think the Live Oak area would be a decent area to live in? It's NE San Antonio, it looks like...?

Old 06-13-2007, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamawest View Post
YAY, my husband was all excited to see the VW responses!! ;o)

So do you think the Live Oak area would be a decent area to live in? It's NE San Antonio, it looks like...?
You know, you don't hear a lot about Live Oak. From what I heard it is pretty good, but let others on this forum fill you in. Here is the city's web site:

City of Live Oak, Texas

Old 06-21-2007, 05:27 AM

17 posts, read 102,713 times
Hi....I was raised in Live Oak....it is a pretty nice area to live in. This cops are really strict there so watch your speed.

I also am a member of Volkswagen Owners of San Antonio and San Antonio Air Coolers. I drive a 68 Type I autostick and my husband drives a 66 Type I. They are both daily drivers. You are more than welcome to join in our meetings.

VOSA meets the second Sunday of the month at The Pig Stand on Broadway or if the weather is nice we meet at BrackenRidge Park.

SAAC meets the Third Friday of the Month at La Tuna with a cruise following the meeting.

We also have shop night on the second Friday which is held at Pierce Automotive on the west side of town.

Hope to see you at any one of the meetings.

Old 06-21-2007, 09:50 PM

2 posts, read 12,776 times
68 auto stick

I just signed up for the forum on VOSA I am cw60vw

and MamaWest's husband glad to hear that there is a good VW scene there.

Just hoping that I can find a good job there. possible flying out in Sep to check things out maybe we can stop by one of the meetings
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio