U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-09-2010, 05:39 PM
 
7 posts, read 10,601 times
Reputation: 10

Advertisements

Thanks everyone who turned me onto some great places to fill my pantry with Caribbean style goodies, it is much appreciated. Now thouigh, a new question.. I am a huge fan of good meads, rums (especially Angustora brands), and hard to find spirits. Anyone know of places that have a wide slection of these? Thanks again!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-09-2010, 05:43 PM
 
Location: Up on the moon laughing down on you
18,516 posts, read 16,492,210 times
Reputation: 7270
I am from the Caribbean and could hardly find caribbean related products in SA

They sell Angostura products in my super market in my neighborhood I moved to
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-09-2010, 05:54 PM
 
Location: San Antonio
519 posts, read 636,454 times
Reputation: 333
i would say try specs @ 1604/35 or maybe the gabriel's superstore ( Gabriel's Wine & Spirits (http://www.gabrielsonline.com/locations.html - broken link) ) i've not been to the gabriel's yet, but i was pointed in that direction when i asked about hard to find beers. i think the specs in austin has a better selection than the live oak location though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-09-2010, 05:59 PM
 
7 posts, read 10,601 times
Reputation: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post
I am from the Caribbean and could hardly find caribbean related products in SA

They sell Angostura products in my super market in my neighborhood I moved to

Thanks to some old friends in Trinidad, I was able to find some subs for some stuff. Still haven't found some things such as, sorrel, star fruits, star apple, chadon beni, and some others. Where might that place be that sells Angostura? I found the bitters at Central Market.. yay!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-09-2010, 06:01 PM
 
7 posts, read 10,601 times
Reputation: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlorifiedMalcontent View Post
i would say try specs @ 1604/35 or maybe the gabriel's superstore ( Gabriel's Wine & Spirits (http://www.gabrielsonline.com/locations.html - broken link) ) i've not been to the gabriel's yet, but i was pointed in that direction when i asked about hard to find beers. i think the specs in austin has a better selection than the live oak location though.

Thanks, will take a look.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-09-2010, 06:01 PM
 
Location: San Antonio/Houston
21,602 posts, read 23,736,558 times
Reputation: 51887
yep, Specs have some:
Specs Home Frame

Prices are per 6 or 12 bottle/case


Description Size Price Price Size

ANGOSTURA BITTERS 10 OZ 10.13 114.04 [12]


ANGOSTURA BITTERS 16 OZ 14.18 159.65 [12]


ANGOSTURA BITTERS 4 OZ 5.76 64.87 [12]


ANGOSTURA RUM * 1824 12YR 750ML 63.00 351.00 [ 6]


ANGOSTURA RUM * 1919 8YR 750ML 32.62 181.93 [ 6]
[WEST INDIES]


ANGOSTURA RUM * DARK 5YR 750ML 18.16 101.16 [ 6]
[WEST INDIES]


ANGOSTURA RUM * GOLD 5YR 750ML 19.99 111.43 [ 6]
[WEST INDIES]


ANGOSTURA RUM * LIMBO DRUMMER 750ML 26.58 148.23 [ 6]


ANGOSTURA WHITE RUM 3YR 6/CS 750ML 18.16 101.16 [ 6]
[WEST INDIES]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-09-2010, 06:09 PM
 
Location: Up on the moon laughing down on you
18,516 posts, read 16,492,210 times
Reputation: 7270
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkhawkee View Post
Thanks to some old friends in Trinidad, I was able to find some subs for some stuff. Still haven't found some things such as, sorrel, star fruits, star apple, chadon beni, and some others. Where might that place be that sells Angostura? I found the bitters at Central Market.. yay!
Oh, I am no longer in SA. The Fiestas here have caribbean aisles. Saw sorrell last night actually. The bags were pretty small though. They also sell fresh carambola/star fruit. I have never seen chadon beni though. Heard the name before but have no idea what it is

The specs here are huge and so they have all the caribbean goodies. I saw Punche Caribe once at an odd liquor store on Bandera near 410
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-09-2010, 10:39 PM
 
Location: San Antonio/Houston
21,602 posts, read 23,736,558 times
Reputation: 51887
Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post
Oh, I am no longer in SA. The Fiestas here have caribbean aisles. Saw sorrell last night actually. The bags were pretty small though.

Where did you saw sorrel?
Sorrel the plant??



or

http://www.jamaicans.com/albums/christmasja/Sorrell_by_Linda_Lowe.jpg (broken link)

I am looking for the plant.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-09-2010, 10:56 PM
 
Location: Up on the moon laughing down on you
18,516 posts, read 16,492,210 times
Reputation: 7270
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
Where did you saw sorrel?
Sorrel the plant??

or

I am looking for the plant.....
No I saw just the fruits. But come to think of it I saw the plants growing in someone's yard in San Antonio, but I can't remember where I saw it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-10-2010, 12:19 AM
 
Location: San Antonio/Houston
21,602 posts, read 23,736,558 times
Reputation: 51887
Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post
No I saw just the fruits. But come to think of it I saw the plants growing in someone's yard in San Antonio, but I can't remember where I saw it
In yard???? better don't tell me...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top