U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 07-18-2010, 12:10 AM

90 posts, read 201,405 times
knrstz -

The city, by and large, is rolling down into the flatter lands heading south and west - it's DEFINITELY not flatland, for certain As others have said - Crime is Crime. It doesn't matter who the perp is, from a racial perspective.
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2010, 07:08 AM

4,263 posts, read 6,820,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knrstz View Post
I am considering a move to either San Antonio or Kansas City. I'm pretty familiar with KC but have only been to San Antonio a few times. I'm pretty aware of the differences in climate. I haven't really decided which type I prefer. Can anyone tell me any major differences in the two cities? If you've been to both, is the Texmex vibe different than the midwest vibe? In what ways? How safe is San Antonio? Thanks for the responses.
I would choose KC if I were you. If you would like some more commentary on SA, feel free to DM me. I moved out of there a few months ago. I've spent a fair amount of time in/around KC over the years as well. Moderator cut: off topic

Last edited by Bo; 07-18-2010 at 09:54 PM..

Old 07-18-2010, 08:09 AM

2,216 posts, read 2,598,452 times
Moderator cut: off topic

To the OP.......never been to Kansas so while I can't offer insight there I can tell you if you really do love the outdoors than you will love living in Texas. There are beautiful state parks/rivers/hill country/lakes etc to take advantage of while here. Yes it's hot in the summer but it is not unbearable. Especially if you find a subdivision or house with a pool Best of luck...........

Last edited by Bo; 07-18-2010 at 09:53 PM..

Old 07-18-2010, 09:52 AM

1,643 posts, read 2,082,022 times
Moderator cut: orphaned

There is not one of us out there who knows all the answers about San Antonio. I have lived here 25 plus years and have been to parts / areas of San Antonio that live long Resident's have not been. With that said I am not an Authority on this City nor will I ever be and I do not have any plans upon moving.

BTW- Has anyone else ever posted on other Cities threads? I have and if I can offer suggestions / comments I feel free to. Have an of you ever posted on the various San Antonio threads concerning the various topics and said anything negative? I have. Isn't what this is all about?. Share, Inform, and Learn.

Last edited by Bo; 07-18-2010 at 09:59 PM.. Reason: orphaned - the posts you were referring to were deleted or edited

Old 07-18-2010, 10:10 AM

2,216 posts, read 2,598,452 times
I hear what you are saying wellguy but it is the fact that is ALWAYS negative when someone wants to know if they should move here. That gets old. It's always the attempt to talk people out of it to run for the hills. If it is a rental property he owns here can't help but wonder what would happen if people talked his tenants out of living here. So again it was not an attack. I simply asked a question. Huge difference.

Old 07-18-2010, 10:15 AM

18,516 posts, read 15,295,772 times
^^ That's exactly what I have been saying wellguy. The SA posters are the only ones on CD that I have come across that refuse to accept criticisms of their city. The mods might delete this for being off topic, whatever, but you speak the truth, it doesn't matter where people live now as long as they know enough about the city to give their honest opinion of the place then that should be what this site is meant for. To Share, Inform and Learn. Not to sugar coat and show a one sided view about a city.

And to answer the OP's questions, yes the vibes are very different. It all depends on what you are in to. It takes getting used to but I am sure that there are things that you will come to enjoy. I would not move to a new city without getting to know it better and without a job. (EDIT: whoops, just saw that you would be able to transfer. never mind then)

Old 07-18-2010, 12:27 PM

999 posts, read 1,415,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xsa210tx View Post
Um, 100% absolutely, NO. We're not more inclined to commit crimes because we're Latino.

Just like all other very large cities, we have our fair share of drunks, potheads, lowlifes and people you don't wanna be around. But this stuff is in ALL major cities everywhere.

I didn't mean to sound like the Latino race would be the ones committing crimes but I asked mainly because I figure a large portion of them are alread living there illegally. I was mainly wanting to know if there was an abundance of crime due to a large amount of illegal aliens. Regardless of what I mean, it doesn't sound like crime is a major factor. Kansas City isn't the safest city in the world but I'm not scared to be there.

Old 07-18-2010, 12:36 PM

1,089 posts, read 1,012,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRedneck View Post
San Antonio is probably one of the safest larger cities in the country. Part of that is, IMO, due to our "concealed carry" laws - because the wanna-be bad guys never know when an intended victim may be armed themselves. Thing is, there's a lot more to it - things that you have to decide for yourself. There's plenty to do in Texas - and I'm sure there is in KS or MO, as well.
Id have to agree with this about SA being a safe big city

Old 07-18-2010, 12:55 PM

3,969 posts, read 4,150,175 times
knrstz, in my experience, MOST illegals will do their best to stay under the "radar" of LEO's. Certainly not all of them - but by and large they generally stay out of trouble, at least w/the general public. You're more likely to encounter problems with "legal" punks than illegal ones.
And while there IS an issue w/illegals, it's all over the country, not just SA.

Old 07-18-2010, 10:03 PM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $63,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

14,371 posts, read 20,302,084 times
Some posts above were deleted. Please try harder to stay on-topic to be helpful to the original poster and share your opinions about individual posters with those posters via DM only or use the report post button to report violations of the TOS.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio