Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Thread summary:

Seeking quiet neighborhood in Alamos Heights, apartments that take cats, close proximity to BAMC, quiet and peaceful safe atmosphere

Old 06-21-2007, 01:03 PM

370 posts, read 882,730 times

Advertisements

Hi there,
Hoping tone can stay nice here, hate to see another locked due to 'derogatory terms', (please post nicely while refraining from stereotypical terms to describe things so this can stay unlocked). EDIT TO ADD--> This goes for myself too, no repeating any terms that are used in response to me, my big aplogies for having done that in the previous thread<-- end edit back to post

Since I am seeking quiet I have kept looking and think I might have found luck with Alamos Heights apartments. However, the only way I found them was because my sponser at BAMC sent me a local paper with the Sunday classifieds.

Here is to hoping it goes well!! It sounded good on the phone and was described as being about 2.5 miles from FT Sam Houston, which is what I am also seeking. My three main priorities: 1. they take cats, 2. they are close to BAMC and 3. they are quiet.

Fingers crossed.

Only a couple more weeks.
Gen

Last edited by Gennaver; 06-21-2007 at 01:36 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2007, 04:58 PM

4,796 posts, read 15,367,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gennaver View Post
Hi there,
Hoping tone can stay nice here, hate to see another locked due to 'derogatory terms', (please post nicely while refraining from stereotypical terms to describe things so this can stay unlocked). EDIT TO ADD--> This goes for myself too, no repeating any terms that are used in response to me, my big aplogies for having done that in the previous thread<-- end edit back to post

Since I am seeking quiet I have kept looking and think I might have found luck with Alamos Heights apartments. However, the only way I found them was because my sponser at BAMC sent me a local paper with the Sunday classifieds.

Here is to hoping it goes well!! It sounded good on the phone and was described as being about 2.5 miles from FT Sam Houston, which is what I am also seeking. My three main priorities: 1. they take cats, 2. they are close to BAMC and 3. they are quiet.

Fingers crossed.

Only a couple more weeks.
Gen
Hi Gen.....glad you're not giving up easy! I'm afraid I can't help you. I live in AH, but I'm not familiar with any apts called "Alamo Heights" apartments. There are a number of apartments in Alamo Heights of all different prices ranges, but this one slipped past me. Do you have a price range in mind? # of br/ba? There are also a number of "rentals" that are duplexes or quads that are near Ft Sam along Rittiman Rd, but all I know is that they are close to BAMC. There is an older complex in Terrell Hills called the "TreeHouse Apts" (I think...someone correct me) that is very close to the Harry Wurzbach entrance to Ft Sam. Being older, they will be more affordable. I wish I could help you more. Good luck again!

Old 06-22-2007, 05:13 AM

370 posts, read 882,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wCat View Post
Hi Gen.....glad you're not giving up easy! I'm afraid I can't help you. I live in AH, but I'm not familiar with any apts called "Alamo Heights" apartments. There are a number of apartments in Alamo Heights of all different prices ranges, but this one slipped past me. Do you have a price range in mind? # of br/ba? There are also a number of "rentals" that are duplexes or quads that are near Ft Sam along Rittiman Rd, but all I know is that they are close to BAMC. There is an older complex in Terrell Hills called the "TreeHouse Apts" (I think...someone correct me) that is very close to the Harry Wurzbach entrance to Ft Sam. Being older, they will be more affordable. I wish I could help you more. Good luck again!
Hello WCat,
No, I am indeed appreciative of the time, effort and help of everyone who has posted, (yes, everyone).

You have been a wonderful help. I will keep the Terrill Hills one in mind in case this current one doesn't pan out.

I did a reverse phone number search and discovered the name of the complex is "The Greenbriar" which is just inside of 410 near New BRaunfuls RD. The leasing agent said the complex is from the 70's but holding up well and that it is quiet. Its a 2BD/2BTH and costs less than I am paying now for my current super studio!

My current hopes are to find something within 3 miles of BAMC and anything under 800 bucks is just fine, I figure that square footage over 1000 is good too since I've got the three kitties. Oh, they are just fine with their own vertical space, (they have those tall cat tree houses-its like they have their own private rooms).

My fingers are crossed, especially since it is only about a month now.

Gen
p.s. the WW leasing agent told me she was going to process my application and have it done and call me over three days ago, this is before she suggested that I call the police to find out, (oh sure, I did find out that they were all minor crimes but, they were mostly disturbances too which steered me away), my total interest was lost in WW when they failed to ever call me back! Obviously I'm not a tenant of interest to them. Self-selecting maybe? They may have felt the same about me being a poor fit as the leary posters here did.

Old 06-23-2007, 03:20 PM

351 posts, read 1,585,158 times
Hi,

I have learned to not trust the people working in the office at the Apartment Complex.

They are horrible and self serving. I had an apartment burn down and the people in the office were more concerned with their own stress caused by the fire than with the residents who lost EVERYTHING. They pressured all of us into signing leases on Apartments sight unseen just to have a place to stay and to put the stuff that we had dragged out to the sidewalk before the fire consummed the entire building.

I also had pnuemonia once and was having a hard time of it (I still had to work, no one to replace me, and no insurance) and was a couple of days late paying my rent (they took my stuff on the 6th of the month). They came into my Apt. and took my TV, Stero, and VCR and held them hostage. I got the message real quick. Paid my rent with an explanation of how sick I was but no apology on their part and they just PILED my electronics on the floor instead of putting them back together. They were all scratched up but I could not proove anything.

I HATE Apartment complexes in San Antonio!! I lived for 11 years in different complexes on the NW side of town and every one of those ended badly. Forget about your securtiy deposite. The sneaky SOB's will find a way to keep it.

I learned my lesson though, towards the end of having to live in Apts. I would use my culinary skills and bake an occasional cake for the hags working in the office and lure them into a sense of friendliness. It is sorta like a tame Tiger, how can you be sure that he will not turn on you and bite you in the @ss. Never trust anything the Managers tell you, get EVERYTHING in writing. They always sign six months lease so they can raise the rent on you OVER AND OVER AND OVER. I could understand raising the rent if something was different, but they raise EVERY time just to squeeze another dime of profit out of your hard earned paycheck. They figure you WILL PAY rather than go through the hassle of moving.

DO I sound bitter?

crazedchef
Working in Baghdad to NEVER have to live in another damn APT.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio