Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2010, 07:39 PM

54 posts, read 136,080 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dystorteddream View Post
you are doing your fellow Craigslisters a big favor. I just received an email from "Leda", the HR Manager. The verbage of the email seemed quite odd to me, as was the website it directed me to. After a quick whois search and some google searches, I found this. It's not just a San Antonio thing, either. I'm from California. Thank you for your research and posting this fraud! Here's the email I received:

Hello *omitted,

Thank you for your interest and your recent resume submission. My name is Leda and
I am the Human Resource Manager that is in charge of the hiring process for our company
IET Property Management. I've look over your application and due to the high amount of
replies that we've gotten regarding our recent classifieds posting, I wanted to contact
you as soon as possible and see if you would be interested in setting up an interview with us.

Before I continue let me tell you some background information about IET Property Management:
We are an established Rental Company that was founded back in 1984 and we've grown immensely
since then. Unlike other rental companies, we hope to foster a fun yet efficient environment
for our employees since we have the firm belief that if we provide our employees with a
welcoming work atmosphere we will see an increased return in productivity. Candidates should
consider themselves self-starters and be able to work efficiently with minimum supervision. Other
skills like great interaction with employees of all levels of the firm, strong communication
skills, organization skills etc. are also valued very highly.

Our company aims to build a strong bond with its employees and therefore we offer benefits
packages for you and your family plus we thrive to pay our employees a higher hourly wage than
any of our competitors. We will be discussing compensation and benefits a little bit more in
detail during our interview when we are in a more private environment instead of public emails.

Now due to our policies I will not be able to schedule an interview with you until you have
filled out one of our online applications which can be found on our company website.
Please visit IET Property Management and fill out our short application so we can move on
with the interview process. Each applicant is required to have a personal application code
in order to fill the application.

Your code is: *omitted*

Since we have received such a high number of replies to our job posting I will only be able to
hold your application on my desk for 1-2 days more so please do not wait too long to fill out
our online application! I will contact you as soon as I receive your online application!

Now if you have any questions please feel free to contact me!
Hoping to see you here for an interview soon,

Leda
Human Resource Manager
IET Property Management

*edit*
This is from a wonky email address: <a href="mailto:pyvavevidahyd2010@ho...otmail.com</a> Seems kinda fishy to me if this is supposed to be some big corporation with advance application process, yet uses garbled letters with 2010 attached @ hotmail. Big red flags */edit*
Well at least this thread ended up being useful
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2010, 04:47 PM

1 posts, read 1,717 times
Hello i recieved this exact email from the same company but the managers name was Andre Wiley and he was supposed to be in charge of the HR department. I filled out their application and never heard back from them this was like 5 days ago. I sent them multiple emails and now the link shown above in the email brings up an error and then i google the link and find this post. Now im worried. Definately fishy.

Old 07-24-2010, 05:26 PM

80 posts, read 193,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacob44 View Post
Hello i recieved this exact email from the same company but the managers name was Andre Wiley and he was supposed to be in charge of the HR department. I filled out their application and never heard back from them this was like 5 days ago. I sent them multiple emails and now the link shown above in the email brings up an error and then i google the link and find this post. Now im worried. Definately fishy.
Did the application ask for personal information such as SSN & DOB? If so, you probably should put an alert on your credit reports to ensure no new credit is opened in your name. I think you can do this at either freecreditreport.com or annualcreditreport.com

Old 11-16-2010, 06:03 PM

1 posts, read 1,593 times
Exclamation Bogus Job Offers - OKJ Property Management

I sent my vague resume to a job post on Craigslist. I never put dates, past employer names, address or especially my SS number - only my remote email address. Funny how some employers complain but obviously they aren't aware of the scams out there. Once Im sure they are ligit, I submit my complete resume and any other required info. Better to be safe than sorry. Anyway I got an email from a WILMER CHUMLEY (can't get more original than that) from OKJ MANAGEMENT. He went on to explain how they are a succesful property mngmnt company and how great they treat employees. He explained that he wanted to set up an interview but I had to click on the link included and fill out the application, which I assume asks for SS# and other personal info. It's got to be related to this scam you're all talking about. I never filled it out because the moron must have gotten his fake companies confused .......I NEVER APPLIED FOR THE JOB HE WAS TALKING ABOUT. I did send my resume to two on Craigslist but they were both positions that had nothing to do with this kind of work. These jerks that have nothing better to do with their time ruin it for ligit employers. BEWARE OF SCAMS ON CRAIGLIST. If you suspect one YOU CAN FLAG IT ON THE RIGHT OF YOUR SCREEN.

Old 11-24-2010, 05:27 AM

1 posts, read 1,542 times
I had the EXACT same thing happen to me...from our good pal Wilmer Chumley (sounds more like a Character from the Great Gatsby)! I am on the east coast and got this email from a hotmail account at 10:30 at night (from a company touting how well it treats its employees?!?!?)...he was supposedly with MTE Property Management, [url]http://mtemanagement.com/...this[/url] website is not very professional for such a large corporation, and there is no contact info at all. I got the exact same email as posted above...there were some small typos, he said he reviewed "my application" (which I didn't fill out)...I have never had to enter a "special code" to fill out an application, which was fishy enough for me.

I did send in a resume in response to a Craigslist posting in Raleigh, NC for an "IT Procurement Analyst"...I'm watching for any fraud...

I probably wouldn't have pursued it any further, but once I found this thread I sent him an email back telling him I hope his filthy a$% burns for this junk. It pains me that there are people out there like this!!!! Thanks for posting your experiences! I am going to absolutely report it to Craigslist...thanks again!

Old 11-24-2010, 07:17 AM

5,615 posts, read 14,790,688 times
Chumley is on Pawn Stars. Maybe they need a 4th for the show.

Old 12-01-2010, 02:40 PM

1 posts, read 1,334 times
I got an email from Wilmer Chumely about a house I inquired about on craigsist. He sent me a link to do a credit check, good thing I googled him first and found this! So beware, sounds like he has plenty of ads on craigslist....

Old 12-09-2010, 07:51 AM

1 posts, read 1,292 times
Yes, also was just had by Mr. William Chumley. Was looking for apartments on craigslist. Received this email back. Thought it was weird he wouldn't give me the address of the house. Then once I saw that he required this credit report which charges $29.99 a month I knew it must be a scam.

"First and foremost, thank you for your interest in the home. I am available to show the house this week
if that fits your schedule.

Just to give you a little more information about the home, the water, trash
and garbage are paid by us. The security deposit can be paid in 2 installments if money is tight. (I know how that can be).
The house has a fenced in backyard and we do allow pets. The deposit per pet is a one time payment.
The house includes a washer and dryer, and we pay for lawn care so the renter does not have to cut the grass.
There is NO application fee (our company policy and guarantee).

I will be happy to show the house at an agreed upon time and date but I do require that all applicants and
additional renters who will be living in the home complete a free credit report to ensure their eligibility.
I have so many people apply for homes that I have to make sure they are qualified renters before I show the property.
This ensures neither of us will be wasting our time.

It is okay if you have bad credit (trust me). We just check to make sure that you don't have several evictions on
your record. (We won't rent if you have 3 or more evictions on your record)

I also had to recently stop giving out the exact address of rental properties before I am able to show them because
last time I did that the house was vandalized (I will be glad to send you the address right after your reply) I assure
you though that this is a very safe neighborhood. I actually lived in this home for 2 years (very cozy).

As soon as you can, please click and go to the secure website link below to complete the free credit report: (takes about 30 seconds)
Once you complete, I'll call you once I receive the information from the credit company (very quickly usually).

[URL="http://cskreport.com/QRSDR87CY/"]http://cskreport.com/[/URL]

*** You don't have to send me your credit report.
Once you fill out the report the credit company automatically forwards me your name, email address and whether you have
had any outstanding evictions in the past 5 years to determine your renter eligibility. This is the only information I am
interested in. This is a soft credit report so it won't touch your FICO score (which is why we work with them).

This process turns some people off, so I completely understand if you decide not to complete them. In that case, good luck
with your home search. I just want to be honest with you up front about our process, which does a good job of protecting
us from ineligible renters and scammers. Also, the site above is one the safest and most secure website for credit reports in the
world, which is good for peace of mind. I have worked with them personally for a couple years now.

If you are truly interested in proceeding, take a moment and fill out one of the reports. Let me know when this is done and
we can then work out the time and date to go see the home. Email me back once you access your fresh report. I will be forwarded
the information. (Make sure to include a valid phone number. I usually call within 6 hours of submitting your report. Then I can
forward you the address and we can set up a time to tour the home.)

If eligible you will also be sent an email with my office number so we can set up a time to go see the house and discuss any
other questions or concerns you may have.

Thanks,
Wilmer Chumley"

This is sickening. Way to beef it up with all the perks like trash removal, lawn care and all the other nonsense. Total waste of time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio