Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-10-2008, 06:44 PM

1,220 posts, read 2,680,780 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know anything about these neighborhoods off of Blanco? There are two neighborhoods The Park I and II. Any good/bad comments?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2008, 07:31 PM

45 posts, read 322,030 times
Airplanes overhead

Old 11-10-2008, 09:52 PM

141 posts, read 508,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffyfan View Post
Does anyone know anything about these neighborhoods off of Blanco? There are two neighborhoods The Park I and II. Any good/bad comments?
like the first reply, those neighborhoods are in the flight path, and i know how it is dealing with the planes, as i lived in the Seville apts right at the enterence of the neighborhood. i know they were once considered very exclusive but if memory serves, the neighborhood is at least 20 years old. my cousins lived there and so did some of my school friends. went trick or treating, but again, like twenty years ago. i haven't heard anyhing bad about them lately and when i drive through there there are always nice, expensive cars there. hope that helps.

Old 11-10-2008, 10:00 PM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 38,096,265 times
Vista del Norte may be 20-some years old, but The Park at Vista del Norte is new in this decade.

That neighborhood has airplane noise now and it will have more traffic noise whenever Wurzbach Parkway is extended between Blanco and 281. IIRC, there is no timetable for that road project, since there is no funding in place for it. You'll get at least a couple of years of warning before that happens, but it's something to be aware of.

The homes there are probably well-insulated, with extra-thick windows, because I imagine that neighborhood was eligible for noise abatement funding. You might not notice any of those noise sources indoors.

Old 11-11-2008, 07:01 AM

1,220 posts, read 2,680,780 times
I'm not worried about airplane noise...we already live under the flight path at Parliament and Blanco! Thank you for your help. Does anyone know the builder of this neighborhood?

Old 11-11-2008, 07:32 AM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 38,096,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffyfan View Post
I'm not worried about airplane noise...we already live under the flight path at Parliament and Blanco! Thank you for your help. Does anyone know the builder of this neighborhood?
At least part of it was built by Pulte.

Old 11-11-2008, 08:22 AM

20 posts, read 119,072 times
I currently live in the Unit II and I have no problems. The airplane noise doesn't bother me that much since we are used to living in base housing. Other than that the neighborhood is quiet and peaceful. As for the builder I'm not too sure but I would think the realtors would have that info.
The HOA is not that strict either. If you just keep your front and backyard clean, keep your trash cans in your garage, you are pretty much left alone.

Old 11-13-2008, 06:38 AM

1,740 posts, read 5,743,855 times
Pulte was not involved. It was built by Gordon Hartman Homes. Both units were. And no, no noise abatement components were included in the construction. If you build in the flight path you are exempt. Noise abatement is for neighborhoods that were built before the flight path...

Gordon Hartman was an OK builder. But these particular neighborhoods are not his best. They were squeezed in between several old apartment complexes (which the complexes themselves are nearly as big as these two small communities) and the old units may drag down the resale value of these homes over time. In fact, the prices haven't come up much in the past 4-5 years since they were built. I have a good friend who lives in unit II and he has not been pleased with the quality.

Another thing to consider is that the homes are covered primarily with siding that will need to be painted pretty soon as the homes are 4-5 years old. The homes themselves are very narrow (30 feet) and very close to the street.

If you like that area - I would suggest you investigate a small older community on the other side of Blanco - Churchill Forest. It has much larger lots, more brick and better floor plans. Many of the homes have been renovated. I lived in Churchill Forest for nearly seven years and loved it. We loved the larger lots and wider homes over the type of community like the Park at VDN.

Best of Luck.

Old 08-01-2010, 01:24 PM

1 posts, read 4,744 times
I live in Unit II and LOVE IT! nice people, clean streets, well mantained.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio