U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2007, 05:48 AM

427 posts, read 1,040,399 times

Advertisements

Places or attractions that you've been to but don't think are worth the price of admission?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2007, 07:16 AM

14,628 posts, read 31,239,277 times
Ripley's Believe it or Not, and the Plaza of Wax that goes with it. Just my opinion, of course.

Old 06-23-2007, 09:55 AM

4,796 posts, read 13,748,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
Ripley's Believe it or Not, and the Plaza of Wax that goes with it. Just my opinion, of course.
ditto that.....although my son loved it when he was 12! I would have been happy skipping it and sitting out on the curb!.....but then shrunken heads are not my thing!

Old 06-23-2007, 03:41 PM

348 posts, read 1,428,210 times
Hi,

DICK's Last Resort. Food Horrible & overpriced, drinks took waaaay too long to get, then they too were overpriced and I do not like the whole "rude waiter" joke thing they got going on. All in all, one night I would like to forget.

Just my opinion, of course.

crazedchef

Old 06-23-2007, 04:31 PM
Rockin' The TriCities

n/a posts
Aww, I love Dick's! But then I pretty much only go late at night to go drinking. I do admit, if you're not in the mood, it might not be as hysterical to have a waiter throw plastic cups at your head. After a few Shiners, though, it becomes really funny.

My tourist traps? I have to admit, I hate Fiesta Texas. Hate. I find nothing redeeming about it and it was a huge waste of time. I would have had a better, cheaper day if I had just gone to the zoo. Sea World escapes my hit list because the animals are its sole redeeming feature, but I dislike the rest of it as much as I dislike Fiesta Texas.

Old 06-23-2007, 06:50 PM

348 posts, read 1,428,210 times
Hi,

I guess it is all a matter of your mood like you say.

I wish that I could go for late night drinking downtown but the whole MADD prohibition fueled war on social drinking and driving has got me very limited on the places that I will go to even enjoy one or two cocktails.

crazedchef

Old 06-23-2007, 08:53 PM

314 posts, read 2,382,412 times
Thumbs down Guinness World Records Museum

Guinness World Records Museum. We took out of town friends there a few weeks ago. What a waste of time and money. Just a bunch of hallways with lots of placards on the walls, a few cutouts, and a few gimmicks. They have not updated their sports records in a few years. You would be WAY better off buying the latest book and passing it around.

Old 06-23-2007, 09:53 PM

11,435 posts, read 16,486,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin' The TriCities View Post
Aww, I love Dick's! But then I pretty much only go late at night to go drinking. I do admit, if you're not in the mood, it might not be as hysterical to have a waiter throw plastic cups at your head. After a few Shiners, though, it becomes really funny.

My tourist traps? I have to admit, I hate Fiesta Texas. Hate. I find nothing redeeming about it and it was a huge waste of time. I would have had a better, cheaper day if I had just gone to the zoo. Sea World escapes my hit list because the animals are its sole redeeming feature, but I dislike the rest of it as much as I dislike Fiesta Texas.

Not only was fiesta texas expensive and hot as hell with no shade trees, they made sure to it that there were no water fountains so that you would be forced to buy their $4 bottled water to not die of dehydration.

Old 12-14-2007, 07:23 AM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

16,827 posts, read 33,243,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
IIRC, the vampire in the foyer at Ripley's has an uncanny resemblance to Alan Alda. Made me wonder at the time if Ripley's had re-purposed an Alan Alda figure.

Last edited by Bo; 12-14-2007 at 08:21 AM..

Old 12-14-2007, 07:32 AM

14,628 posts, read 31,239,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowie View Post
IIRC, the vampire in the foyer at Ripley's has an uncanny resemblance to Alan Alda. Made me wonder th the time if Ripley's had re-purposed an Alan Alda figure.
The first and only time I went was over 20 years ago. I was pregnant with my first son and luckily they advised that one area was not recommended for pregnant women. I saw my escape and took it. The vampire was probably not there when I was, but even if it was I've probably blocked it. That day was a waste of time and money. They can keep the money, but can I please have those 2 hours back????????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio