U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2007, 01:01 PM

2,354 posts, read 5,395,674 times

Advertisements

Warning if you go to incredible pizza get there when they open, it's very packed on the weekends. So it must be good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2007, 02:27 PM

3 posts, read 9,650 times
Hey there my names matt rivera and i live in corpus christi and i just so happen to be a Chuck E Cheese and Showbiz Pizza fan.....

yes there was a Showbiz Pizza Place in San Antonio off Ingram Road...they just finish remodeling the store with purple walls ect

the charaters you speak of are the Rock A Fire Explosion! With Billy Bob, Fatz, Dook, Mitzi ect...

i never went to that showbiz but ive heard many stroies from fellow CEC fans from that area!

these r pics from that exact store

http://rock_afire.tripod.com/pizzacam/spp/tx_ingram/04.jpg (broken link)

http://rock_afire.tripod.com/pizzacam/spp/tx_ingram/08.jpg (broken link)

http://rock_afire.tripod.com/pizzacam/spp/tx_ingram/05.jpg (broken link)

Old 10-18-2007, 07:45 PM

14,603 posts, read 31,102,271 times
That whole area used to be really vibrant--not just furniture stores like it is now. (Or seems to be anyway.) Does anyone remember the Tin Bucket Cafe? They had this really good buffet--ribs and fajitas if I remember correctly. I was pregnant with my first son, so all-you-can-eat buffets were a dream come true. Back then (1987) there weren't really that many other than Pancho's.

There was also a cute little place in the same parking lot--I think it was called People's? All the table legs were made to look like people's legs. They had good food and were always pretty crowded, so I don't know what ever happened to them.

Old 10-18-2007, 09:58 PM

432 posts, read 789,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SA Greed View Post
Godfather is still around, just not in SA. Do a search.
Lackland AFB Has one, so i can still get my fix.

Yea when i was a younger wed always go to Showbiz when we came into town to visit.Correct it was by Ingram. I have some pictures, ill try to dig them up and post them.

Old 10-27-2007, 02:52 PM

13 posts, read 69,938 times
does anybody remember the pistol petes pizza restaurants. there was one on bandera and woodlawn that changed to a peter pipers. they actually had good pizza.

Old 10-27-2007, 08:34 PM

8,400 posts, read 20,075,328 times
Showbiz and Chuck E. Cheese are the same, according to Wikipedia...

Quote:
In 1984, Showbiz purchased the assets of Chuck E. Cheese's after it declared Chapter 11 bankruptcy. They then proceeded to change the name of the company to Showbiz Pizza Time, Inc. Both restaurants were kept operating as separate entities. After disagreements over a period of years with Creative, Showbiz management decided to go ahead with a restructuring of the restaurants called "Concept Unification". This would consist of renovating all Showbiz animation into Chuck E. Cheese characters, as well as renaming all stores to "Chuck E. Cheese's Pizza". This would be the end for the concept known as "Showbiz Pizza Place", although the company is still in business, as the current management of the "Chuck E. Cheese's" concept is a direct line from the "Showbiz Pizza Time, Inc." era, with little connection to the original "Pizza Time Theatre" ownership. They are now known as CEC Entertainment Concepts, L.P.
Cheers! M2

Old 12-02-2007, 08:17 AM

3 posts, read 9,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westendwero View Post
does anybody remember the pistol petes pizza restaurants. there was one on bandera and woodlawn that changed to a peter pipers. they actually had good pizza.

ya that resturaunt also had the Rock A Fire from Showbiz...and I heard that they did have good food.

Old 12-02-2007, 09:36 AM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

16,807 posts, read 33,073,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willsatx View Post
Warning if you go to incredible pizza get there when they open, it's very packed on the weekends. So it must be good.
IMO, the pizza there is not as good as the pizza at Gatti's. The place is every bit as noisy as Gatti's, though.

Old 12-05-2007, 03:29 PM

2,882 posts, read 4,326,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
That whole area used to be really vibrant--not just furniture stores like it is now. (Or seems to be anyway.) Does anyone remember the Tin Bucket Cafe? They had this really good buffet--ribs and fajitas if I remember correctly. I was pregnant with my first son, so all-you-can-eat buffets were a dream come true. Back then (1987) there weren't really that many other than Pancho's.

There was also a cute little place in the same parking lot--I think it was called People's? All the table legs were made to look like people's legs. They had good food and were always pretty crowded, so I don't know what ever happened to them.
I remember both to of those (and wrote about them in the GBNFSA thread!) I remember Tin Bucket cafe sold all you could eat fried shrimp and it came in a small tin bucket!

I also remember People's had a humongous salad bar. There was one near North Star Mall/Central Park, too.

Old 04-20-2019, 11:17 PM

2 posts, read 183 times
I worked there when they first opened up, in the beverage area, then as a teamleader at showbiz pizza place 6874 ingram square across from holmes hi school in 1981. fun times and memories there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or