U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2010, 05:43 AM

8,400 posts, read 20,181,484 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovingSAT View Post
I do not understand SIlver Creek 78250?
One of our regulars also does restaurant reviews as a "hobby!"

While not a restaurant, I was impressed by the customer service at Cycle Gear on IH-10 a few weeks back. I had bought a lifetime warranty battery from them for one of my motorcycles, but it wouldn't hold a charge anymore so I called and talked to a young man named Daniel to tell him the problem. He told me to bring the battery by, and checked to make sure they had a replacement in stock (they did). When I got to the store, He had the battery waiting for me and got the exchange completed in a matter of minutes.

This is not the first time I've had great customer service from this location, and I don't expect it will be the last. I have bought everything from a full set of Alpinestar leathers, boots and gloves to my Arai helmet from this store, and have always found the staff to be very friendly and helpful.

So I thought I would relay this to the company, which I did via email. Not only did I get a nice email from the corporate customer service office stating they would pass it on to the district manager, but I also received a copy of the email from the district manager to the store manager passing my comments along.

I've done the same with Discount Tire, another business that has always impressed me as a customer!

I agree that it's important to pass on positive experiences to the management of such companies to ensure they recognize their outstanding employees!

Cheers! M2
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2010, 01:29 PM

1,420 posts, read 1,878,510 times
Sometimes bad service works for you. We ate in a Denny's on the west coast about 15 years ago. They had a deal that if you meal didn't come in 20 minutes it was free. They gave you a timer to watch. Well, it was counting down at 19 minutes and my wife and said - Dad! The waitress was flapping her gums with some old coot she knew. The clock struck. Meals were free. The waitress got reamed out by the manager. haha.

Old 08-14-2010, 01:38 PM

2,039 posts, read 4,909,632 times
^^^ Why would you see that as funny? Waitresses work hard for their money and if they want to visit with some "old coot" for a minute I would patiently wait. Perhaps the "old coot" just lost his wife, perhaps he was a regular and the waitress had some issue.

I am sorry but I do not see the humor in someone getting "reamed out by their manager".

Maybe that is just me.

Old 08-14-2010, 01:40 PM

Also I do not need a free meal bad enough to get it at someone elses expense.

Old 08-15-2010, 11:52 AM

1,420 posts, read 1,878,510 times
So why did the restaurant offer the deal? They gave you a clock, for God's sake!

Also, Captain Psychic - you weren't there. The waitress was just shooting the breeze - not engaging in grief counseling. Plenty of times you go to a restaurant and see the staff just flapping their gums and ignoring tables.

Last, if you work for a living and you screw up - by ignoring your job - and get corrected by the boss - that's what happens.

Old 08-15-2010, 01:21 PM

14,628 posts, read 31,239,277 times
Only the worst manager would ream out their help in front of a customer.

The last Denny's I ate at was several years ago in St. Louis, MO, and the only reason we ended up there was because we were completely ignored at the first little diner we stopped at. Our drink orders were taken and 20 minutes later we were still drinkless. We left. Denny's was a little better, service-wise, but I'm not a fan of their food. It's nice to read that good service is still to be had these days, no matter where it is.

Old 08-15-2010, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GEM-Texas View Post
So why did the restaurant offer the deal? They gave you a clock, for God's sake!

Also, Captain Psychic - you weren't there. The waitress was just shooting the breeze - not engaging in grief counseling. Plenty of times you go to a restaurant and see the staff just flapping their gums and ignoring tables.

Last, if you work for a living and you screw up - by ignoring your job - and get corrected by the boss - that's what happens.

I would never find humor in someones reprimand. Much less do so in front of my children.

Old 08-15-2010, 03:41 PM

936 posts, read 1,758,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovingSAT View Post
I would never find humor in someones reprimand. Much less do so in front of my children.
Maybe not humor, but my sense of justice would definitely be satisfied by someone being reprimanded if they deserved it.

Last edited by Backliteyes; 08-15-2010 at 03:43 PM.. Reason: clarification

Old 08-15-2010, 03:55 PM

Backlit, here is the post to which I replied, read the last sentence.

Sometimes bad service works for you. We ate in a Denny's on the west coast about 15 years ago. They had a deal that if you meal didn't come in 20 minutes it was free. They gave you a timer to watch. Well, it was counting down at 19 minutes and my wife and said - Dad! The waitress was flapping her gums with some old coot she knew. The clock struck. Meals were free. The waitress got reamed out by the manager. haha.

Old 08-15-2010, 04:33 PM

211 posts, read 427,898 times
I have been to both Denny's near 410 & Culebra multiple times over the years. Most of the time service is bad. I don't know if it's because there are usually 2 wait staff working the whole place or the kitchen staff is bad. The biggest problem I have is they are slow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or