Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-15-2010, 11:10 AM

11 posts, read 46,640 times

Advertisements

I'm moving to San Antonio in a couple of weeks and will be living in a rental property downtown. Though it hasn't been my day job for a few years, I own an IT consulting business organized as an LLC. I'm not currently pursuing consulting work so it's temporarily just going to be used for managing of some websites I own. Even when I'm consulting, there's no foot traffic and there's no inventory - on-site activity consists of me using my computer and my cell phone.

The lease which I would like to sign shortly prohibits the use of the property for a business.

I don't want to violate the lease so I plan on asking that the language be amended, but before I do, I wanted to find out more about business licenses in San Antonio and whether the official address of a business in San Antonio can be a residence. I haven't been able to find anything helpful on City-Data, sanantonio.gov, texas.gov or anywhere else.

I'm not even sure a business license is required through the state or city for this type of business and what steps are required to operate legally, but I assume at least some form of business registration is required.

Does San Antonio permit operating a business like this from a residence? Does anyone know where I can find relevant information?

Any advice or pointers are welcome.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2010, 11:24 AM

7,130 posts, read 11,836,061 times
Most businesses of this nature don't have issues with the "business use" exclusions. As for a business license, that would depend on whether you're required to collect taxes, etc. I'd suggest contacting a CPA for guidance...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio