Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2008, 06:47 AM

4,103 posts, read 7,023,382 times

Advertisements

I've been debating this but I read through the posts and it seems many don't get what strictly platonic means. I'm not looking for a booty call and don't want to get mixed up with any freakos. So has anyone ever used this section? How was it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2008, 08:25 AM

2,397 posts, read 6,454,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlitasway View Post
I've been debating this but I read through the posts and it seems many don't get what strictly platonic means. I'm not looking for a booty call and don't want to get mixed up with any freakos. So has anyone ever used this section? How was it?
I used it here in San Diego. I was looking for a workout partner. I ended up meeting another female, but the workout plan fell by the wayside. Nothing freaky happened, just no motivation to go to the gym. Shopping was much more inviting, as was going to Starbucks, the movies, and just generally running around.

That's not to say that you won't get your share of freaks responding, which can be interesting!

Old 06-06-2008, 10:02 AM

5,615 posts, read 14,787,321 times
Someone else I know posted her ex somewhere on Craigslist in the men finding men section. Complete with horrible pictures and every way possible to reach him. I still have no idea what he did to tick her off like that...

Old 06-06-2008, 10:07 AM

1,532 posts, read 3,698,172 times
I have read through some of them...but I think there are better ways to meet people. That's my personal opinion! You know...like go to some random city specific board and post a whole lot, then plan meet and greets.

Old 06-06-2008, 11:08 AM

2,397 posts, read 6,454,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scuba steve View Post
Someone else I know posted her ex somewhere on Craigslist in the men finding men section. Complete with horrible pictures and every way possible to reach him. I still have no idea what he did to tick her off like that...
Oooooooh...NICE!!!*lol*

I can only imagine what he did to deserve that!

Old 06-06-2008, 11:15 AM

163 posts, read 546,093 times
I always get a good laugh out of the rants section.

You won't know if it works till you try, just be careful.

Old 06-06-2008, 11:19 AM

Eh, it looks too shady. This meet and greet is being held on my sister's and my birthday so I'll be busy. I'll try to make the next one, though.

Old 06-06-2008, 07:24 PM

2,982 posts, read 9,832,376 times
The craigslist is actually real good, Ive got some good employees from there. and bought a few things off it. I read it often and find quite a variety of people and articles there.

Old 06-06-2008, 07:31 PM

14,637 posts, read 35,019,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlitasway View Post
So beyond platonic, which apparently some people don't get--what is it you're looking for? A female friend to go shopping, etc with? A male? I don't think craigslist is bad, per se, but you do have to be EXTREMELY careful. But everyone should be careful anyway, so I'm sure that goes without saying.

Old 06-06-2008, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
So beyond platonic, which apparently some people don't get--what is it you're looking for? A female friend to go shopping, etc with? A male? I don't think craigslist is bad, per se, but you do have to be EXTREMELY careful. But everyone should be careful anyway, so I'm sure that goes without saying.
Girls to hang out and go shopping with is good. Preferably ones with children because sometimes I have to cancel at the last minute because of mine and I know other parents would get it. Also, boy friends! I used to have so many but when I got married they all went away. I love shooting the chit with boys and getting the male perspective of things. I do think men and women can be friends. Oh and couples! Have people come over for a bbq and drink or two. Have a game night or a movie night. I just want to find cool and funny and sarcastic people to hang with. For some reason I'm having a hard time with that here or I find the crazies with the jealous boyfriends or husbands or drama queens. Ugh. Don't want that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio