Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2008, 06:33 AM

2 posts, read 8,847 times

Advertisements

Can anyone tell me about the subdivision of Tanglewood? I am moving to San Antonio next week and will be renting for three months but am hoping to buy by September. I looked at one home in Tanglewood and really liked the neighborhood because it has some modern looking homes - not neo-traditional homes. I want to stay in that general area to be close to my new job. Thank you,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2008, 01:20 PM

1,066 posts, read 3,693,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juliebl View Post
Can anyone tell me about the subdivision of Tanglewood? I am moving to San Antonio next week and will be renting for three months but am hoping to buy by September. I looked at one home in Tanglewood and really liked the neighborhood because it has some modern looking homes - not neo-traditional homes. I want to stay in that general area to be close to my new job. Thank you,
You mean "TangleHood"?
Unless you like crime and gangs, find another place. That neighborhood fed into my high school...and it was called "Tanglehood". Nothing but trouble makers in there. Very poor quality homes, I am surprised they are still standing. My neighbor is a 40 year old woman, she has a rental in there and calls it "Tanglehood". That is my 2 cents. Hopefully you will be able to make your own decision after living there for 3 months. Good Luck.

Hart's Ranch which is right next to it, is much nicer.

Old 06-03-2008, 01:31 PM

1,805 posts, read 4,775,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juliebl View Post

I don't know about others, but I am not familiar with many of the subdivision or neighborhood "names"..... (except the ones very near to me)...
if you gave us some cross streets, or at least the name of one street and tell us if it's NE, NW, Far West.... etc..... it might help....

Old 06-03-2008, 05:49 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,294,029 times
If you are talking about the Tanglewood neighborhood near the medical center, I'd be a little weary. There are some unsavory elements living there. If where you work is in the medical center, you might want to try out good old Colonies North on the other side of I-10 and Wurzbach. It is a quieter, better maintained neighborhood. I used to liver there and work in the medical center in college, it worked out fine.

Old 06-03-2008, 06:38 PM

222 posts, read 706,493 times
Whatever you do, if you are looking in the med center area don't come over towards Ingram (and expect it to be nice). Over the past year we've seen it go from bad to REEEAAALLLY bad.

The Valero Gas Station across the street from Ingram used to be "ok" during the day, now I don't even drive that direction. I head towards the med center ALWAYS, never away.

Old 06-04-2008, 04:17 PM

36 posts, read 97,265 times
We almost bought a home in that area, we didn't know much about the area. But when my realtor told us there's alot of problems with foundations in the area we of course decided not to buy there. It's really hard being in San Diego and trying to look for a home on the internet not knowing the area or the neighborhoods. I just returned from SA this past weekend I was only there 5 days and Tanglewood was one of the areas I looked at, hard to tell at 10 am what it's like. But we ended up finding something else instead.

Old 06-04-2008, 05:38 PM

4,147 posts, read 8,000,813 times
A rule of thumb.

Within 5 miles of I-10 stay on the east side of I-10.

Iv been jogging in that subdivision before and it was nice and quiet but the hose quality seemed very poor.

Old 06-04-2008, 06:04 PM

2 posts, read 8,847 times
Default Tanglewood

thanks for all of your responses - I think you have addressed all of my questions and I guess I am glad that my offer on a house there was not accepted!

Old 06-04-2008, 09:37 PM

469 posts, read 2,342,065 times
If you are working in the med center you'd be surprised how easily accessible it is from farther away. For me I find it too busy and the neighborhoods too sketchy, I'd rather be a bit further out. I found my house in 5 days on a trip out from San Diego. It is possible. I am 8 miles from my job in the Medical Center and it's not a bad drive at all. I never even hit a freeway in my commute and I love outside the 1604.

Old 08-16-2010, 11:02 AM

40 posts, read 69,590 times
I know this is an old post but I have lived in Tanglewood for three years and have never had any issues. I live in the DeZevala side, which seems to be alittle nicer. The neighborhood as a whole is pretty quite as there are alot of older people living there. I have heard the nickname "Tanglehood" however I have never witnessed anything bad in the neighborhood. I walk my dogs and run in the neighborhood often. Everything seems fine to me. I am sure there are some kids making problems but you will have that with almost every neighborhood. The traffic on Dezevala is forcing me to move elsewhere, but otherwise it is not a bad neighborhood choice for the price (they are older homes and the prices are lower).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio