U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2010, 07:04 AM

5,623 posts, read 6,414,616 times

Advertisements

[quote=plwhit;15669368]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
Perhaps the cops need to pay more attention to the imbeciles that camp out in the left (fast) lane impeding the flow of traffic. In the many instances I see speeding or illegal lane changes , its the result of someone trying to get around a fool that's cruising in the fast lane oblivious to the growing line of cars behind them. Who taught these people how to drive? You don't just camp out in the left lane. If cars are passing you in the right lanes, GET THE HELL OUT OF THE LEFT LANE!

I can't agree more, but pick on all slow drivers no matter what lane they drive in. The is a maximum posted speed and a minimum speed. Just once I'd like to see a major crackdown on those people who do *EXACTLY* the speed limit no matter what lane they are in, no matter how far traffic is backed up behind them.
Maybe I misunderstood your post but what is wrong with doing *EXACTLY* the speed limit in non-passing lanes? With the exception of the far left lane for passing, I am going to do *EXACTLY* the speed limit unless you pay my ticket!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2010, 01:34 PM

122 posts, read 313,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDogsTX View Post
Did anyone see the black unmarked Camaro cop car on I-10 today? It was between 410 and De Zavala,

I saw it with a car pulled over on my trip East and then again going west today. It looks like a black SS with tined window and no markings. It had strobes in the back window behind the windshield as well as in the grill....

I'm guessing they are going to nab a ton of speeders with it!
I saw this Po-Po for the first time last Saturday, southbound 35 to 410 westbound. Sinister looking car. No Police markings or even "Exempt" plates. No spotlight either. Plain "steelie" rims, dark tint, and saw the computer and shot gun as he slowly passed me. Saw him again today on southbound 281 by the Airport. I'm glad to see our local men in blue trying to help SA keep our roads a bit safer from all the "transplants" that do not obey traffice laws. SA used to be a pretty laid back and not so rushed city. Now, you really have to pay attention to all the other "locos" on the road. Signals? What are those? Red Light, Stop sign? Do they apply to "me"? Speed limit? What is that? Our men in blue do drive on our streets as civilians, so yes, they know where to look for the "violaters" Go SAPD men in blue!!!!

Old 09-13-2010, 11:01 AM

993 posts, read 2,189,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jksa09 View Post
Plain "steelie" rims, dark tint, and saw the computer and shot gun as he slowly passed me...
The shotgun? How did you see that? Are you driving a lifted pickup?

Did things really used to be more relaxed around here? Seems like everyone is in a rush around here, especially during my commute times. The rush seems on par with the Washington D.C. area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or