U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 08-22-2010, 02:42 PM

324 posts, read 740,699 times
Default Blue Santa vs. Toys For Tots

Had this asked of me by a friend who is down on their luck too and I didn't know the answer. It's a bit in advance but I know these programs fill up quickly once they are open for sign-ups.

Which is better to sign up with for toys - Toys for Tots or Blue Santa? What types of toys do they give out {She has a 4yo girl}?

I know Toys for Tots you have to go pick it up, but that's about all I know. Does Blue Santa bring the toys to you?

Old 08-23-2010, 05:36 AM

554 posts, read 1,545,355 times
I have no idea which gives "better" toys, but I wanted to also suggest that she look into Elf Louise.

Also - she may have more success if she registers for the programs through some of the social service organizations they work with. Try starting with Family Service Association.

Old 08-23-2010, 06:06 AM

3,969 posts, read 4,145,823 times
I don't know what to say.....sorry, but with all due respect, I've never given thought to rating gifts before.......

Old 08-23-2010, 07:12 AM

5,126 posts, read 6,763,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRedneck View Post
I don't know what to say.....sorry, but with all due respect, I've never given thought to rating gifts before.......
I think she meant which program is better to sign up for: How organized is the program? Are kids wish lists prioritized by certain ages, gender, need, etc? Do parents receive good communication from program staff? <-- This one is key especially if its December 23rd and parents do not know if their child will be receiving a gift and need to plan for a backup plan. Do all the gift program communicate with one another so parents can sign up for multiple programs and if one program cannot fulfill the gift request, can they use another?

Old 08-23-2010, 08:56 PM

324 posts, read 740,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeet09 View Post
I think she meant which program is better to sign up for: How organized is the program? Are kids wish lists prioritized by certain ages, gender, need, etc? Do parents receive good communication from program staff? <-- This one is key especially if its December 23rd and parents do not know if their child will be receiving a gift and need to plan for a backup plan. Do all the gift program communicate with one another so parents can sign up for multiple programs and if one program cannot fulfill the gift request, can they use another?

This and the quality of toy as well. She had signed up with another program before and all she got after hours of waiting was 1 toy that was from .99 only and a $1 bag of candy she could have bought herself with foodstamps. It's not worth it to take off work to go sign her up if it's only a cheap toy that she might could have scraped together enough for herself. She's not being selfish - just asking for a decent toy not a hunk of junk.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio