Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2010, 09:37 PM

2,216 posts, read 4,539,042 times

Advertisements

NISD policy is NO SHORTS in middle or high school. That should include oconnor. so that should not be anything new. If they were wearing them before it was a mistake on the other principals part.

Personally I wish they could wear shorts as it is too darn hot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2010, 10:52 PM

1,316 posts, read 3,405,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RodLu View Post
I also recently heard a cop on TV saying that those "pants on the ground" actually have helped him catch several miscreants and rascals while they were footchasingly-fleeing; said pants would literally fall 'round the ankles.....and well, yeah.....ha.......
Ha, never thought of it that way.

Old 08-28-2010, 08:19 AM

4,103 posts, read 7,022,987 times
Pink hair, purple hair, green hair, blue hair, two toned hair- who the hell cares? People may look once or twice and then be over it. It's not like people are going to spend their whole time in class staring at someones hair. When I was in high school different hair color was the norm but this was also close to Austin so maybe that had something to do with it.

Old 08-28-2010, 08:51 AM

151 posts, read 299,332 times
I went to Lee and my friends and I were constantly experimenting with our hair. I can't remember one instance where someone was so distracted by my purple or pink or blue (etc) hair that they didn't listen to whatever the lesson was that day. They seem to want our kids to be so bland these days. My son is so uptight about rules that he's read the student handbook three times since he received it on Monday and he's in 4th grade!

Old 08-28-2010, 09:27 AM

6,705 posts, read 8,770,225 times
It appears to me the principal has a personal vendetta against her from reading the news article.

I am so glad when I was in HS, there wasn't any of these lame rules.

Old 08-28-2010, 09:40 AM

4,422 posts, read 6,254,229 times
Wow..the principal has all this time to analyze student's hair? I always thought the purpose of the principal was to be sure that students were being educated, teachers were doing their jobs correctly, enforcing safety, etc. I guess I was wrong. I want to be a principal.

Old 08-28-2010, 10:06 AM

8,399 posts, read 22,978,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamatotex97 View Post
NISD policy is NO SHORTS in middle or high school. That should include oconnor. so that should not be anything new. If they were wearing them before it was a mistake on the other principals part.

Personally I wish they could wear shorts as it is too darn hot.
That is ridiculous, the same restrictions that apply to the elementary schools (no more than four inches above the top of the kneecap).

By the way, there are rules concerning "sagging pants"...All pants are to be full length (Capri pants should be no less than four inches below the bottom of the kneecap) and worn at the waist (no "sagging" or "bagging").

Now that's a rule that makes sense, but no shorts does not.

Lastly, the NISD dress code states "Unconventional colored, multi-colored or spiked or Mohawk hair styles are not permitted;" which means the pink hair should be addressed as being "unconventionally colored." And no "spiked hair?!?" What are they thinking?!?

Old 08-28-2010, 11:32 AM

2,216 posts, read 4,539,042 times
Ha I agree, bring back Billy Idol.
Yeah, I dislike the policy of no shorts. Simply put this is Texas and it is too hot. The problem they have, that I saw at NEISD is you get the girls who start wearing shorts that are too short and you wind up spending time playing dress police instead of teaching. So I'm sure that's where the no shorts stems from. Takes 1 to ruin it for the whole group.

Old 08-28-2010, 12:08 PM

11 posts, read 33,805 times
I would like to see a few photos of her hair from the back and sides. I think the one frontal photo is miss leading and we can't really see the "problem". I need more information to form an opinion.

Old 08-28-2010, 01:54 PM

905 posts, read 2,958,200 times
Wait a minute...they have kids that dress as vampires and werewolves in schools, pink hair, short shorts, and the mentioned low rider pants, etc., and a girl with highlights in her hair is sent home???? Sounds like someone doesn't have priorities straight or has a vendetta. Leave the girl alone, her highlights are gorgeous. Maybe someone's jealous of her.....

NISD says no to shorts? Glad we're in NEISD!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio