Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2007, 12:05 AM

244 posts, read 1,092,669 times

Advertisements

Not to sound like a brat but where do more sophisticated San Antonians go or do? I already golf at a few courses/ranges but what about jazz music venues/wineries/lounges? I've been to a few bars in Stone Oak and have been impressed, but a more urban vibe would be awesome.

Sorry but my idea of fun is not sitting up at some pool hall or listening to country music. Where do sophisticated and/or cultured San Antonians go?

Old 04-20-2007, 12:11 AM

283 posts, read 1,836,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LongHornGuy86 View Post
Not to sound like a brat but where do more sophisticated San Antonians go or do? I already golf at a few courses/ranges but what about jazz music venues/wineries/lounges? I've been to a few bars in Stone Oak and have been impressed, but a more urban vibe would be awesome.

Sorry but my idea of fun is not sitting up at some pool hall or listening to country music. Where do sophisticated and/or cultured San Antonians go?
Austin, Dallas, Houston.

Old 04-20-2007, 01:04 AM

2,649 posts, read 7,440,032 times
No actually they go to the McNay on thursdays for afterhours. Hang out at Cappychinos, sit on the patio at Crumpets. Have dinner at L' Etoile, Reve or the Silo (the original not the copycat). For late nights there is the 24 hour starbucks in the quarry.

Old 04-20-2007, 01:10 AM

I haven't found one 24 hour starbucks here in dallas, and I have had many profound discussions at the starbucks in the quarry. Moderator cut: personal attack

Old 04-20-2007, 01:24 AM

244 posts, read 1,092,669 times
I didn't mean THAT sophisticated smu, that's just gonna be a bunch of Alamo Heights snobs which I clearly are not the kind of people I like to hang with. haha.

I just meant places where people 20-25 go for a drink, or to hear some music, etc that's NOT this country cowboy theme or some variant of that.

But the 24 Hour Starbucks is a cool idea.

Old 04-20-2007, 01:32 AM

Oh come on it's no worse than hanging out with the 30k millionaires at west village or mockingbird station. You might actually like Cappychino's it's a lot younger that it's neighbor cappy's and has a great wine list.

Old 04-20-2007, 01:38 AM

Also you might try 20nine in the quarry they have a very extensive wine list. Jim Cullum's Landing downtown has an award winning Jazz Band everynight. They even do the jazz church service here in Dallas at Oak Lawn UMC. Water Street Oyster Bar is actually pretty classy, the bar is set away from the restaurant and is done very nicely in woods and black.

Old 04-20-2007, 08:38 AM

554 posts, read 2,307,051 times
Quote:
Sorry but my idea of fun is not sitting up at some pool hall or listening to country music.
This is not my idea of fun either, but unfortunately my brother in law occasionally drags us to a pool hall. As long as he's buying the drinks, I'm fine with it. =)

I have lived in San Antonio for 20 years (except for 4 years at college in DFW) and I have never been to a cowboy/country bar in San Antonio. DFW, yes, but not San Antonio.

I don't "go out" that much since I can't stay out till the wee hours and then get up for work the next morning. But when I do, here's where I go:

Flying Sauce
Cappycinos
Copa Wine Bar (Stone Oak)
Paloma Blanca - I love having dinner & drinks on their patio
Zinc Wine Bar (downtown)
Swig (either downtown or Stone Oak)
Silo (AH)
Green Vegetarian Cuisine
Yokonyu Sushi
Kona Grille

For "culture" I go to the symphony and touring Broadway productions. I also like going to the McNay on occasion, especially when they have special exhibits. Occasionally the Josephine Theater and the Sheldon Vexler Theater at the JCC have good local productions. The San Antonio Museum of Art also has some strong collections. The new Museo Alameda also offers a tremendous cultural experience. The missions are a wonderful look at San Antonio's cultural history.

Old 04-20-2007, 09:02 AM

925 posts, read 1,227,551 times
I like going to Shisha Cafe.

Old 11-09-2017, 10:28 AM

7 posts, read 35,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LongHornGuy86 View Post

They go away from San Antonio.

I think it's hilarious that ten years later nothing's changed. We'll be having this same conversation in 2027.

People think that SA is on the up and up but in reality it's falling behind the rest of Texas and America.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio