Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-06-2010, 10:04 AM

487 posts, read 1,117,886 times

Advertisements

Any suggestions? I recall hearing about a dog dying after being groomed at one place but can't recall which one. The story zoomed around the area but I don't know if it was true.
Anyway, does anyone use a groomer in the area that they are pleased with?
I have my 2 dogs at Petsmart right now but I need a place to take my daughters dogs. One of hers bit a groomer when he was a puppy and they won't let him come back. He's 2 now and while not a charmer, he doesn't bite.
Thanks for any advice you might offer.
Happy Labor Day!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2010, 12:09 AM

2 posts, read 3,357 times
There is an awesome groomer that does mobile jobs. Her name is Christine Hensley and she owns and operates "Going to the Dogs". She lives in the Stone Oak area and is very good and reliable. She has alot of long-time customers that keep her schedule full but she is pretty good at getting you in. I think you will really like her. She can be reached at 210-268-4404.

Old 09-10-2010, 01:10 AM

61,699 posts, read 87,101,195 times
Pet Grooming near San Antonio, Texas (http://www.petgroomingsearch.com/san-antonio-texas/ - broken link)

oh, BTW - this is interesting:
Did you know that right now in the grooming industry in the United States, no prior education requirements or examination process exists to become a groomer? That means that anyone can set up a card table in their basement, buy a pair of Wal-Mart clippers and hang their shingle out as a “groomer.” For the animals’ sake, this is a frightening concept, as grooming obviously deals with living, breathing creatures.
No License Necessary To Be A Pet Groomer (http://www.petgroomingsearch.com/no-license-necessary-to-be-a-pet-groomer/ - broken link)

Old 09-10-2010, 11:53 AM

97 posts, read 340,763 times
Not in the Stone Oak area but not too far...Pet Bath and Beyond on NW Military (close to Wurzbach Parkway) is a great place. The groomer (Alma) had been working out of a vet's office until recently and opened up her own place. While I love my dog to death, I can readily admit she doesn't have the best of personalities with others...but Alma works wonders with her! Highly recommend...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio