Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2010, 09:07 AM
RGJ RGJ started this thread

1,903 posts, read 4,731,735 times

Advertisements

Busted drug guy in Mexico wearing a San Antonio Spurs T Shirt for all the world to see...
Attached Thumbnails
Couldn't this guy wear anything but this T shirt?-drug-dude.jpg  

Old 09-13-2010, 09:20 AM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 38,096,265 times
Is this an example of there being "no such thing as bad publicity?"

Old 09-13-2010, 09:32 AM

8,399 posts, read 22,979,962 times
Why not? It's probably a knock-off he bought down there...

Old 09-13-2010, 09:36 AM
RGJ RGJ started this thread

1,903 posts, read 4,731,735 times
Or he is a season ticket holder with a suite at the AT&T center

Old 09-13-2010, 09:44 AM

6,884 posts, read 20,399,779 times
Yeah, I have to say, I'd have rather seen him in a Mavericks shirt.

Old 09-13-2010, 09:52 AM

574 posts, read 1,337,938 times
...or a knockoff made and sold right here in the good ol' US of A!

Old 09-13-2010, 11:26 AM

54 posts, read 136,051 times
He probably took it from someone >_>

Old 09-13-2010, 12:04 PM

3,669 posts, read 6,874,074 times
How many Spurs fans and Americans have an appetite for drugs?

If the answer is none then there is logic in the OP. If the answer is more than one thousand then this nation also contributes and has a responsibility for what is going on down there including the violence.

I do know I was driving down I-37 one night after the Spurs won some championship. Downtown looked packed with cars and so were all the lanes on the expressway with those trying to get into downtown.

Because me and my wife are not sports fans, we were not yelling or cheering, and someone from another vehicle began to taunt us saying we supported the other team, then they threw a beer can that still contained some of its liquid content. I was lucky enough to begin rolling up the window even though a small amount of beer did get in.

Needless to say I have a very dim view in general of both Spurs fans and beer drinkers. The person is fortunate he did not approach my window in a threatening manner with another projectile causing me to actually fear for my or my wife's life. A beer can thrown at you at close range could prove deadly and I would have had no recourse other than to try and stop him and it is uncertain how that would have turned out considering I had on my person a CHL and a suitable accessory.

How I do wish our city had more culture and cultural events that have nothing to do with drinking, be it being sold at the event or BYOB.

Last edited by Merovee; 09-13-2010 at 12:38 PM..

Old 09-13-2010, 12:10 PM

472 posts, read 1,075,721 times
Many of these gang members use symbols and different art to identify their gangs,...

Old 09-13-2010, 12:30 PM

8,399 posts, read 22,979,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merovee View Post
How many Spurs fans and Americans have an appetite for drugs?

If the answer is none then there is OP in the logic. If the answer is more than one thousand then this nation also contributes and has a responsibility for what is going on down there including the violence.

I do know I was driving down I-37 one night after the Spurs won some championship. Downtown looked packed with cars and so were all the lanes on the expressway with those trying to get into downtown.

Because me and my wife are not sports fans, we were not yelling or cheering, and someone from another vehicle began to taunt us saying we supported the other team, then they threw a beer can that still contained some of its liquid content. I was lucky enough to begin rolling up the window even though a small amount of beer did get in.

Needless to say I have a very dim view in general of both Spurs fans and beer drinkers. The person is fortunate he did not approach my window in a threatening manner with another projectile causing me to actually fear for my or my wife's life. A beer can thrown at you at close range could prove deadly and I would have had no recourse other than to try and stop him and it is uncertain how that would have turned out considering I had on my person a CHL and a suitable accessory.

How I do wish our city had more culture and cultural events that have nothing to do with drinking, be it being sold at the event or BYOB.
Seriously?!? One drunken idiot Spurs fan throws a beer can at you, and now you hate all Spurs fans and beer drinkers!

Also, having just completed my CHL renewal, I would hope you have a higher threshold for what you consider deadly force, especially after the fact. Conflict resolution is a large part of the training, and while I don't condone what the idiot did, I don't agree that after such an incident the use of deadly force is warranted or justified.

Additionally, the US is not responsible for what is going on in Mexico. It is a sovereign nation whose government is responsible for what happens within its borders. That statement, that we are responsible because more than a thousand Americans use drugs that may have come from there, is just ludicrous. It makes about as much sense as the recent demand by Mexican president Felipe Calderon that we (the US) have to enforce stricter gun laws because of the violence in his country. Sorry, Felipe, you’re gonna have to solve your own problems, not blame them on someone else…

Lastly, what does "If the answer is none then there is OP in the logic" mean anyway?!?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio