Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2010, 12:25 PM

3,669 posts, read 6,875,771 times

Advertisements

What about her job security and government benefits? Were those factored in? I would not be surprised if your account is accurate though.

You are right though that HEB is more convenient regardless of all other factors. I will try not to go to the DMV but if I must I go when I think people will not be there, early morning, right before it closes, etc...

edit: I meant DPS and this from someone who has always lived in Texas ~_~

I also keep going back to elina's comment. Smiles do work and I do recall even making a few government clerks crack a smile. Other times though when I am just impatient to begin with and feeling cranky I get what I give.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2010, 12:41 PM

5,142 posts, read 13,119,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merovee View Post
What about her job security and government benefits? Were those factored in? I would not be surprised if your account is accurate though.
Her health insurance and vacation/sick days are now less than before. Job security: she was in the other job for 6 years. She wants to transfer to another department hopefully that can pay more and offer her more responsibility.

Old 09-15-2010, 03:49 PM

472 posts, read 1,076,048 times
H.E.B's does the registration for me,..no hassle,..allways nice,..extra dollar ok,..but don't know if it's a late registration renewal, if they would do it.

Old 09-15-2010, 04:21 PM

7,130 posts, read 11,832,217 times
No - past 5 days, they won't do an expired renewal.

Old 09-15-2010, 04:22 PM

1,720 posts, read 4,504,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
You're an adult, living at home with your stepdad, and don't own a car that's completely yours, yet the employed person ( who is not considered incompetent if she's following the rules of her job ) is the "obese loser"? Um, yeah. You need to get a grip and stop blaming everything and everybody else for your troubles. I don't know the reason for the rule, but I'm sure it's there for a valid reason.

I agree, maybe its the clueless "healthy" looser that forgets to add himself as a registered driver that is giving the Obese looser a hard time, and holding down the line....

Rules are meant to be followed. Maybe the Clerk thought you wanted to scam your step dad out his car?

Op let me ask you a question Did getting angry solved your problem?

Old 09-16-2010, 05:16 AM

4,287 posts, read 8,029,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orincarnia View Post
being rude to the person also has something to do with it.

try being nice to the person in front of you, talk them up, maybe flirt a little, then ask for the favor.

see what the rules are after that.

life goes a lot easier when you smile.

Well, I walked in congenially, with a smile and greeted the woman amiably. She then rudely shoved all the papers back in my face when she saw something she didn't like, aka "DIFFERENT LAST NAMES!"

So then I kindly went to my car, thought it over a few minutes and then decided to get my insurance paper. Lo and behold, it was rejected as "evidence". Are you kidding me? Who the heck pulls that out?! I sincerely don't see why you couldn't do it after the insurance paper is presented as evidence. Then again, I am not an incompetent bureaucrat, so what do I know?

For everyone giving advice on getting it done at HEB, that's a great idea. I'll try that when I have time.

Old 09-16-2010, 05:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by svg210 View Post
I agree, maybe its the clueless "healthy" looser that forgets to add himself as a registered driver that is giving the Obese looser a hard time, and holding down the line....

Rules are meant to be followed. Maybe the Clerk thought you wanted to scam your step dad out his car?

Op let me ask you a question Did getting angry solved your problem?
No. But it looks like I would have had a "problem" no matter what my emotions were, owing to the incompetence of Bexar County Tax Assessor's. Those guys wouldn't even exist if only we didn't have taxes. Shucks. But that's not the point.

If my stepdad and I both had the same last names, this wouldn't be a problem. This is outrageous discrimination against people with different last names in a single household. There is ZERO reason for it, and there is ESPECIALLY ZERO reason for it when presented with proof as insurance as a record.

Disgusting. Pathetic.

I'm going to HEB!!!

Old 09-16-2010, 05:19 AM

3,669 posts, read 6,875,771 times
Did you flirt?

Old 09-16-2010, 05:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merovee View Post
Did you flirt?
Sorry, I don't flirt with ugly women. Call me biased, I'm just not attracted to them.

Old 09-16-2010, 06:23 AM

5,615 posts, read 14,790,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soviet View Post
sorry, i don't flirt with ugly women. Call me biased, i'm just not attracted to them.
potd!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
View detailed profiles of: