U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2010, 12:51 PM

6 posts, read 7,241 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone, we are looking at relocating to San Antonio. the job i am transferring to will be in northern san antonio. i am looking for any information on good elementary schools and communities close to that area. any information received would greatly be appreciated. i am looking to fly out first of october to look at homes, for time being, for rent... and in the near future to purchase.... thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2010, 02:31 PM

8,400 posts, read 20,181,484 times
Welcome to SA!

Start here, then let us know if you've got any specific questions.

Cheers! M2

Old 09-22-2010, 12:58 PM

4,263 posts, read 9,720,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by new2sa View Post
Hi everyone, we are looking at relocating to San Antonio. the job i am transferring to will be in northern san antonio. i am looking for any information on good elementary schools and communities close to that area. any information received would greatly be appreciated. i am looking to fly out first of october to look at homes, for time being, for rent... and in the near future to purchase.... thank you
I would not recommend moving to San Antonio for numerous reasons. I'll send you a DM regarding SA.

Old 09-22-2010, 01:42 PM

4,149 posts, read 9,333,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstclassflyer View Post
I would not recommend moving to San Antonio for numerous reasons. I'll send you a DM regarding SA.
And FCF returns...FCF just trolls the board to talk down about San Antonio. Please take anything they say with a grain of salt. There are MANY folks that truly love San Antonio.

Old 09-22-2010, 01:47 PM

360 posts, read 660,151 times
Quote:
Yes.
Because, there are: children of the corn, killer elves, magical ponies with vendettas against outsiders, evil songbirds that will peck at you, rock throwing urchens that pickpocket you like Dickens' Victorian London, and of course...there's that language thing he will DM you about.
Swahili. It's terrible here.

Last edited by sa dave; 09-22-2010 at 02:24 PM..

Old 09-22-2010, 01:53 PM

5,633 posts, read 6,455,320 times
Quote:
I can give you at least one reason already why you should move here which is FCF doesn't live here anymore.

Old 09-22-2010, 02:45 PM

1 posts, read 1,205 times
Default Re San Antonio

We are currently trying to sell my Dad's home in SA. If you are interested post back and I'll message you the real estate link. You can check it out online- never hurts to look!I'll get you some school info also if you like.

I very much enjoyed the town when I visited. The people were great and absolutely delicious BBQ and Mexican food!

Old 09-22-2010, 03:16 PM

6,279 posts, read 9,052,748 times
Once you get a list of why you don't want to move here, feel free to DM it to me, and I'll be more than happy to correct any errors/omissions....after all, there's more folks moving in all the time - and they can't ALL be wrong!

Old 09-23-2010, 06:57 PM

6 posts, read 7,241 times
ok, it's official!! , i'm flying out the 9th of october to the 12th to go look at different locations.... north and northeast have been the top suggested areas to locate too... does anyone have any thoughts? thank you...

Old 09-23-2010, 07:43 PM

2,216 posts, read 3,997,614 times
FCF just couldn't stay away....from a city he hates so much. Just don't get that.

new2sa, welcome. There are many great areas here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio