Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2010, 04:21 PM

2,260 posts, read 5,616,707 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Feebs View Post
Okay, well, this was not bat guano. These were mouse droppings. What can I tell ya?
Because bat droppings are SOOOO much better than mouse droppings.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2010, 04:23 PM

3,669 posts, read 6,876,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaGrace View Post
Because bat droppings are SOOOO much better than mouse droppings.
Well you can sell bat droppings for fertilizer lol

Old 09-25-2010, 04:36 PM

1,366 posts, read 4,487,743 times
Actually, mouse and bat droppings are very similar in appearane... Dh, who polices downtown and the surrounding areas overnight said the same thing, the droppings are from bats, not mice... He says you can see the same droppings are under the bridges on the riverwalk... You can see the bats coming and going at dusk/night from most bridges, including the one by the Alamodome...

Regardless of what is causing the mess, I agree, it's not a pretty sight...

bat guano...

mouse/rat droppings...

Old 09-25-2010, 04:46 PM

14,637 posts, read 35,029,649 times
Just don't call Ace Ventura or I may split my sides.

And can't we thank the illustrious Henry Cisneros for that big dump? I distinctly remember him and his stupid song, "Dome, dome, dome, dome, dome, Al a mo doooo--oome" on the local radio shows. He pushed it hard.

Old 09-25-2010, 04:49 PM

7,130 posts, read 11,834,325 times
That, and "it's the price of a bucket of chicken!"

He kinda forgot to add all the side orders....

Old 09-25-2010, 04:54 PM

4,326 posts, read 7,234,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Feebs View Post
Earlier this year we went to the Alamodome to see Disney on Ice with our daughter--we noticed then that it was a bizarrely lengthy walk to get from parking lot C to the entrance--lots of twists and turns and stairs just to get about 500 feet as the crow flies.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaGrace View Post
It's also butt-ugly, and I agree that the walk in from the parking is ridiculously convoluted.
I've attended a few events in the Alamodome over the years, and the thing that struck me about the facility was that it couldn't possibly be ADA compliant, at least by today's standards. Unless there is a special parking lot, with hadicapped parking spaces, and a special entrance, and a special seating area for disabled patrons, I don't see how a disabled person could access the facility, at least via the parking area (east side of the dome) I was directed to each time.

Of course, I don't have handicap plates on my vehicle (maybe that would make a difference), but had I been physically disabled, or had I been transporting someone who was, there is no way they could have made it, parking in that lot, walking that distance, going down and then back up all those stairs.

Old 09-25-2010, 04:56 PM

3,669 posts, read 6,876,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
And can't we thank the illustrious Henry Cisneros for that big dump? I distinctly remember him and his stupid song, "Dome, dome, dome, dome, dome, Al a mo doooo--oome" on the local radio shows. He pushed it hard.
*nods* plus he is still performing the same song and dance

Quote:
Doing research to support consolidation of the two cities' markets was Cisneros' idea, Milloy added.

Combined markets could lead to adding to the region's lone major sports franchise, the San Antonio Spurs, Cisneros said.

“To expect to never have an NFL team is unacceptable, but it will require the massing of numbers,” he said.
S.A.-Austin market data could be combined

Old 09-25-2010, 05:20 PM
RGJ

1,903 posts, read 4,733,738 times
We can thank Henry for that as well as the pink mall on the west side of town that eventually was torn down and UTSA was built.....

Old 09-25-2010, 05:21 PM

18,130 posts, read 25,282,316 times
The best solution I see for the Alamodome is to bring a soccer team.
The largest soccer specific stadium in MLS (Major League Soccer) has capacity for 27,000. And 2 MLS team play in it.

In the NFL the Alamodome is a pos, but in MLS it would be clearly the best stadium for many years.

http://www.gridironstadiumnetwork.net/i/pic01_la.jpg (broken link)

Old 09-25-2010, 05:23 PM

2,260 posts, read 5,616,707 times
Do you seriously think it'd be financially feasible for an MLS team to play here? I just don't see it. I don't think it'd ever sell out or even close to it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio