U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2010, 02:02 AM

7,000 posts, read 10,240,778 times

Advertisements

So these rumors that they are going to shoot up the school is causing just as much distress on the wolf pack members. I still think the parents of the wolf pack members need to talk with their kids and not act like everything is alright because that's what the mother of the boy who committed suicide did. I also don't think all of the wolf pack members are the same. Wolfie Blackheart is the one who started this whole thing and she's kind of out there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2010, 02:07 AM

3,669 posts, read 5,899,584 times
What if some of the parents have talked to their children? Spent time with the whole group? Got to know them? Got to see what they are into? Even monitor their internet activity? Why assume they are not doing any of these things????

And yes all of them will be different I agree as well as their parents. Hopefully among that peer group there is a few good parents who know that any of those kids can go to them for help.

I think the general attitude is that the parents just pop in the picture for the news and then ignore their kids, or worse, neglect them. If the parent is going to be interviewed with their kid it shows some investment in their family I believe.

If a parent approves of their own kids and their friends....who are we to question these parents....it is their kids after all and we are just commenting on someone else's child. I think they know better than we do when it comes to THEIR children but because some do not approve of these kids, even if they have never spent any time with them, they are basing their view on perception, and so they obviously think the parent is wrong and then think the worst of the parent to boot. That is just natural human wiring I guess.

Last edited by Merovee; 10-08-2010 at 02:16 AM..

Old 10-08-2010, 02:14 AM

What does he mean by, "it's just inside him?" It's just inside him to want to be like a dog? I know people say it's just inside them when they want to be things like singers, actors, astronauts, soldiers, etc. Is this some kind of spiritual thing?

Old 10-08-2010, 02:26 AM

3,669 posts, read 5,899,584 times
It is not typical roleplaying which usually has a start and end time for each session. The mother called it a lifestyle but that is said about many things.

It is not even actual roleplaying where actual roles are carried out, actual roleplay is more like acting, think of a method actor actually pretending to be a wolf, slinking around, etc....these teen wolves on the other hand make a couple of animal noises, say they are wolves, wear tails, it seems shallow and more like accoutrement and a theme to bond over.

This could be a result of how our society now has niche groups for everything imaginable because of the internet. No matter the interest there is some internet group devoted to it.

Also post-modern society is mashing everything up. Notice how many new hit songs on commercial radio have the same theme, it is part dance song, it has someone rapping, it has a techno part, a rock riff, and its just a huge mash up of all the past styles because we just do not know what to invent next.

I see these wolves as more shallow, more pop-culture oriented, these kids do not seem as dark as goths or as rowdy as punk rockers. No one really knows what to make out of them because they are taking from here and there and not really dedicated to one thing except wolves and that does not seem deep at all either.

For some I think maybe there is a spiritual element to it, something deeper, but the news has not shown anything of the sort.

I think they are just being themselves and that is good. Those who are constantly being who others want them to be cannot truly be happy.

The true problem I believe is that as a society we just have too many choices of who we want to be. We have too many choices in other areas, we have like twenty flavors of coke, fifteen different kind of doritos, and so forth....and how many channels do we have on cable? I spend more time trying to find something than actually watching TV at times. In the olden days wasn't it like two groups in school? Those from the right side and those from the wrong side of the tracks? Then as time went on we had the era of cliques and those just grew. This is just the next stage as far as I see it. Scenes.

Last edited by Merovee; 10-08-2010 at 03:38 AM..

Old 10-08-2010, 04:59 AM

14,613 posts, read 31,145,156 times
It may be "their right" to choose that "lifestyle" but it's "my right" to think those mothers are in denial about their kids and the kids themselves are just "weird". I've had no professional training in the psychobabble so this is my own observation and feelings coming through. I stated before, if my son felt the need to howl, put on a tail, and wear contact lenses that helped him look like a wolf, we'd be at the local mental health clinic, pronto. My kid, my solution.

I hope we're not back here in a few days discussing the 3rd suicide. I am not convinced these kids are hellbent on the shootings that the rumors are suggesting, but I'm also not sure of their mental stability or their desires to bring harm to themselves.

Oh, and I'll be at the Taft game tonight, so I'll BOLO for the wolvies. Luckily the moon won't be full.

Old 10-08-2010, 06:29 AM

Some of these posts are hilarious!

Old 10-08-2010, 06:39 AM

14,613 posts, read 31,145,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meisha210 View Post
Some of these posts are hilarious!
If you're referring to mine, thanks!

I really don't think this is a laughing matter. These kids are screaming for help.

Old 10-08-2010, 07:40 AM

905 posts, read 1,355,381 times
The "help," starts at home with the parents. Nurture, love, affirmation are what these kids missed growing up. So sad.....

Old 10-08-2010, 07:57 AM
RGJ

1,902 posts, read 4,015,402 times
And it all starts when they are infants, not all of a sudden when they are teenagers

Old 10-08-2010, 12:00 PM

3,111 posts, read 8,309,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
I hope we're not back here in a few days discussing the 3rd suicide.
I "heard" a third kid did something to hurt themself but I don't have any details. I just overheard another conversation yesterday. This would have happened on Wednesday.
Did anyone hear anything??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio