U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2010, 04:36 PM

3,669 posts, read 5,898,364 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
If you're referring to mine, thanks!

I really don't think this is a laughing matter. These kids are screaming for help.
You are right, the situation with the children is no laughing matter. Some of these posts though are sadly hilarious. So while the situation is serious, not all of the commentary is, and commentary of a situation is not the situation itself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2010, 04:39 PM

14,613 posts, read 31,140,476 times
If by "sadly hilarious" you mean freakishly long-winded and devoid of anything useful, why, yes, I would have to agree wholeheartedly.

Old 10-08-2010, 04:41 PM

14,613 posts, read 31,140,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXtrkgrl View Post
I "heard" a third kid did something to hurt themself but I don't have any details. I just overheard another conversation yesterday. This would have happened on Wednesday.
Did anyone hear anything??
I haven't heard anything. A friend of mine kept her kids home from Warren today for some reason. I didn't have time to ask her earlier what the reason was. There hasn't been anything on the news today, so hopefully it's dying down.

Old 10-08-2010, 10:17 PM

6,999 posts, read 10,237,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merovee View Post
You are right, the situation with the children is no laughing matter. Some of these posts though are sadly hilarious. So while the situation is serious, not all of the commentary is, and commentary of a situation is not the situation itself.
Exactly. Me finding some of the commentary funny has nothing to do with my feelings on this topic.

Old 10-10-2010, 07:04 PM

4,796 posts, read 13,711,684 times
I haven't really followed this thread closely, but I'm aware of this fad/trend ....sort of an extension of some of the other more diverse groups that crop up.
It makes no sense to me for a teen/child/young adult to need a tail, teeth and contacts to express themselves freely. It's more about fitting in and being part of "something", than being "individual". If they wanted to be an individual, they would work hard to be something NOT like everyone else. Nothing wrong with wanting to fit in somewhere, but lets get it straight. These parents seem confused about that.

Ironic timing...but maybe a red flag that this is a growing trend across the country...by chance did anyone see last weeks episode of CSI (Vegas)....it was a convention of Vamps and Wolves, which are highly opposed to each other. Obviously, it was super ramped up for TV, but I don't think it's that far from reality in some extremist groups. If anyone wants to see it, graphics and all, you can watch the full episode: CSI Video - Preview: 'Blood Moon' - CBS.com

If you have never seen CSI....warning disclaimer....Extremely graphic and not suitable for weak stomachs.

BTW - I'm not suggesting that these kids in town are anything like this depiction on TV.....but it only takes one to escalate anything.

Old 10-13-2010, 11:34 PM

8,400 posts, read 20,105,449 times
There was an article about this on KENS5, key points were...
Quote:
NISD Communications Director Pascual Gonzalez says the malicious rumors of voilence are just not true. He says the district is communicating directly with parents and students, asking them to stop them from spreading.

Gonzalez says that as of Thursday students' who stay home from school will begin accruing unexcused absences. These absences are costly, but not only in terms of missed classes. The district is losing $33 per day that students miss classes. That tally grew to $33,000 as of Tuesday.

Taxpayers will end up paying that cost. (full article)
And yes, they did misspell 'violence.'

Cheers! M2

Old 10-13-2010, 11:37 PM

6,999 posts, read 10,237,008 times
The 12th and 13th have passed with no incidents. I already knew that the rumors had to be coming from one side or the other and that nothing would probably happen. I wonder if some of these kids were just looking for an excuse to stay home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio