Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-09-2010, 06:18 PM

3,669 posts, read 6,842,068 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austinn View Post
Consider this, does a non-social person go to 5+ bars in a single night, all of which they have never been to before?

And no I met people I wasn't out alone to carry on conversations with drunken huddles of guys or random loners being suckered by the bartenders allure if you catch my drift.
Well nothing in the content of your post indicate high social skills but that is mainly because you did not focus on what you enjoyed that night, who you met, etc...but rather on your aversion toward Mexicans.

Not sure what you are looking for, if just PMs from other whites to clue you in to where to go then I would have guessed you would be content already, that does not seem like it is the case yet.

You know SA is going to have a majority of ethnic groups, complaining about it won't change that, if you had actual issues such as feeling our community is not accepting of others and maybe we could do a better job but it is you rejecting our community it seems.

Most whites living here have also come to accept our multiculturalism after all we were here first.

If you want to get a rise out of others then it seems you have. You should know though that just because I recognize you are offended with the climate is not a reason for me to be offended. I accept you and your feelings just am not sure why you actually have them.

My family has roots in Texas dating back to the 1800's so I am pretty secure with my heritage, I feel at home here, that fact that you do not is mildly interesting but no cause for concern.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2010, 06:19 PM

47 posts, read 73,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
That's a really good point. I don't know why so many white ppl are afraid of being a "minority" all of the time. They are so accustomed to being in the majority that they can't handle situations where they aren't in the majority, i guess.

No it isn't fear or anger or anything like that you all read too much into this in the entirely wrong way. If a Mexican person went to a bar and everybody was speaking German and was 6ft tall or more and you were the only person who didn't fit that description then you'd feel perplexed and bewildered as well just out of a natural feeling of the environment you are in.

It is a natural reaction and really has nothing to do with racism so much as the way the average human interprets their environment.

Old 10-09-2010, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austinn View Post
No it isn't fear or anger or anything like that you all read too much into this in the entirely wrong way. If a Mexican person went to a bar and everybody was speaking German and was 6ft tall or more and you were the only person who didn't fit that description then you'd feel perplexed and bewildered as well just out of a natural feeling of the environment you are in.

It is a natural reaction and really has nothing to do with racism so much as the way the average human interprets their environment.
Dude everyone speaks English in Stone Oak. It is not like you went to Noche Caliente on the South side or some cantina on the West side. You have to understand that someone saying no one speaks English in town is going to be looked at funny lol

Old 10-09-2010, 06:26 PM

I never said that lol :P I'm sure many spoke English just none seemed to choose it as the language they conversed in that night.

Old 10-09-2010, 06:28 PM

Oh ya, Mexicans who speak perfect English can at times pretend not to if they want to ignore a white person and will switch to Spanish in front of them, but I do not think that was the case...or maybe it was lol

Anyways buck up. Most Anglo cowboy types could waltz into some cantina in Old Mejico, not speak a lick of Spanish, and still have a good time especially with the ladies.

Old 10-09-2010, 06:34 PM

5,615 posts, read 14,731,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merovee View Post
Dude everyone speaks English in Stone Oak.
Except at the HEB and Target on Blanco but that's not quite Stone Oak.

Old 10-09-2010, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merovee View Post
Oh ya, Mexicans who speak perfect English can at times pretend not to if they want to ignore a white person and will switch to Spanish in front of them, but I do not think that was the case...or maybe it was lol

Anyways buck up. Most Anglo cowboy types could waltz into some cantina in Old Mejico, not speak a lick of Spanish, and still have a good time especially with the ladies.

Cowboy types are morons. Cowboys don't exist anymore. There haven't been cowboys for a hundred years now. I'll be the first to say those fools who carry on with their cowboy hats and boots make me want to ask them what time warp they came out of.

Old 10-09-2010, 07:08 PM

2,382 posts, read 3,466,215 times
Get the rope!

Old 10-09-2010, 07:17 PM

968 posts, read 2,611,708 times
white people don't go to bars, they go to restaurants and hotels to drink and pay $7+ for drinks so they can have their separation of class. Go ahead look at the cars you see outside the Tower of the Americas or Grand Hyatt on a friday night, and then look at the cars outside at Stone Oak, you know stone oak has $70,000+ cars inside, you've seen them yourself at 5PM, where are they? valet parked downtown at Landry's or the Hard Rock Cafe, hell, even Pat O's for hurricanes if they don't have the class stigma goin' on.

This is coming from a realist 24 year old white Incarnate Word Alumni who loves all parts of San Antonio and know where to go. and don't knock the hispanic culture here, if you know how to "grita" correctly, you'll get free drinks all night!

(posted at Starbucks in front of 3 beautiful women that just said hi to me.) (ok, that last part was a joke)

Old 10-09-2010, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orincarnia View Post
and know where to go.
Something the OP does not know obviously.

This resolves the thread. Now Austinn knows where to go hopefully.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio