U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-10-2010, 01:17 PM

1,131 posts, read 1,499,683 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjaminNicholas View Post
I respectfully disagree with this and question anyone's motive in 'reviewing' when it's crystal clear they have an ulterior axe to grind- In this case, it's race-relation.

If the OP's reviews were well-written, concise, not under the influence of alcohol and didn't constantly characterize him as white/educated, while everyone else in this city is seemingly Mexican/Hispanic, I wouldn't take issue. Likely, nor would anyone else here on CD. He reaped what he sowed. He knew what he was planting.

Bowie: I feel we have been staying on-topic here, especially well considering how much trolling has been done by some for more of a fight. This thread didn't start out as just a 'normal review thread' to begin with and, consequentially, shouldn't be treated as such. When an OP brings in more than just the typical opinion on an establishment, you've got to expect the thread to morph. So far, it's been pretty conversational, but if suddenly we all have to go back to talking about the club scene in Stone Oak, it might be better to change the title of the thread to better reflect what's been said so far.

BN
I will say that I 100% do agree with you as well, BN. Right from the get, I also do not believe that this thread started out as a "normal review thread".....{and I myself have no doubt clubbed and partied so much more for so many more years than the OP probably ever has, I do hereby thusly duly concretely-sense herein}

I will confess that when Imperfect-Me was younger I myself took perhaps a bit too long in finally one day realizing that oftentimes *HOW* I SAID SOMETHING TO THE WORLD INDEED *DID* MATTER.

It's not just about *what* I was saying that mattered {even though that itself is also important, as many know}.....

It also took Denseheaded-Me a bit too long in finally one day waking-up and realizing when others were actually teaching me things I knew nothing about.....*SO THAT I WOULD KNOW*.....

Embarrassing.......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2010, 07:08 PM

47 posts, read 65,548 times
Na just wanted to do a review and say how many Mexicans were there that's all.

Old 10-10-2010, 07:16 PM

1,221 posts, read 2,318,156 times
well, being that we are a state neighboring Mexico. That typically happens.

Old 10-10-2010, 07:25 PM

Of course, just saying now I know why when I ask why nobody wants to go party in SA I get looked at like I'm nuts, now I understand whereas before I didn't so much.

Old 10-10-2010, 07:45 PM

5,622 posts, read 6,404,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austinn View Post
Of course, just saying now I know why when I ask why nobody wants to go party in SA I get looked at like I'm nuts, now I understand whereas before I didn't so much.
How you managed to complete your education at UTSA with your current attitude towards 'mexicans' baffles me. UTSA ranks (or did rank) 4th in the nation with degrees awarded to hispanics as I recall reading somewhere.

I think you are just nuts.

Old 10-10-2010, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattTx View Post
How you managed to complete your education at UTSA with your current attitude towards 'mexicans' baffles me. UTSA ranks (or did rank) 4th in the nation with degrees awarded to hispanics as I recall reading somewhere.

I think you are just nuts.

Easy, do what every realistic university student does to ease their professors delusions along. Supply them with exactly what they want to hear/see/read/grade.

Btw I have no problem with Mexicans, never have. Nor did I ever say that I did. Stating that one particular group of people can be found at a certain place does not imply racism it implies using ones eye balls.

Last edited by 50708090123456; 10-10-2010 at 08:47 PM..

Old 10-10-2010, 09:20 PM

1,836 posts, read 3,330,035 times
Quote:
Easy, do what every realistic university student does to ease their professors delusions along. Supply them with exactly what they want to hear/see/read/grade.
... And that would be the difference between just going to school and actually getting an education. Speaks volumes about not only you (as a student), but what might be going on over at UTSA. One of the best things about a University education is the ongoing dialogue between the class and professor, being able to call bs as long as you can back it up and generally figuring out what kind of adult you want to become.

Realistic university student? Don't speak for us all. I finished my undergrad Ivy League and was just accepted into Kellogg in Chicago... Not once in all of those years did I feel the need to conform to someone else's educational opinion.

BN

Old 10-10-2010, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjaminNicholas View Post
... And that would be the difference between just going to school and actually getting an education. Speaks volumes about not only you (as a student), but what might be going on over at UTSA. One of the best things about a University education is the ongoing dialogue between the class and professor, being able to call bs as long as you can back it up and generally figuring out what kind of adult you want to become.

Realistic university student? Don't speak for us all. I finished my undergrad Ivy League and was just accepted into Kellogg in Chicago... Not once in all of those years did I feel the need to conform to someone else's educational opinion.

BN

I don't care what you "felt the need to do", don't apply that to me. To each their own. I don't assume I speak for everyone, that would be you assuming that.

Grades are all that matters and I attained those so take a chill pill. Not everyone cares about wholeheartedly swallowing the dribble espoused at universities. Believe it or not some are just there for what it can possibly bring, a job, which I have, so again, take a chill pill.

Old 10-10-2010, 11:01 PM

6,998 posts, read 10,235,462 times
LOL. I think it would be nearly impossible for this thread to stay on topic.

3card, have you been to The Studio? It often has r&b artists such as Ginuwine and Next performing and jazz bands. It plays a lot of 90s music with some new stuff thrown in, but it's a 30 and up club and located on Perrin Beitel.

Old 10-11-2010, 06:54 AM

3,669 posts, read 5,897,807 times
Hey they sing some R&B karaoke songs on Sunday Nights at the Mine Shaft Saloon near 410 and Broadway. I think it gets going about 10PM. A small but diverse crowd it seems.

Quote:
Cielto lounge: easily the most crowded/hyped, ((((CIGARETTE SMOKE)))) is EVERYWHERE here. Out of all the bars in stone oak this one is the near 100% Mexican one. Go here as a white person if you want to experience what a bar in Mexico City is like, this is your chance (for real...soccer was on the TV's).... the bouncer didn't even speak English. Had a shiner and the guy took my 5$ and gave me nothing back and turned away, yeah one of those places so beware service is not a priority here. --Super Crowded--

In defense of Austinn it seems his review of Cielito Lounge was spot on.

This is how The Current reviews it in regards to clientele.

Quote:
You might feel like you accidentally stepped into a posh Mexico City disco when you walk through the door of Cielito Lounge. The young, privileged set can be spotted here, dancing the night away and gossiping over mojitos.
San Antonio Current: Cielito Lounge

This is what on reviewer at stoneoaknightlife.com had to say regarding the service.

Quote:
Too many people in a small place. 10 minutes to order a drink and 10 more minutes to get that same drink.
Lounge | Cielito Lounge | Stone Oak Nightlife | Stone Oak Bars | Stone Oak Nightclubs | Happy Hour Hot Spots in Stone Oak (http://stoneoaknightlife.com/listing.php?id=5 - broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio