U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-15-2012, 09:07 AM
 
Location: San Antonio, TX
8,400 posts, read 20,105,449 times
Reputation: 4435

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet View Post
Would you say that speed limits in Helotes are appropriate for the design & conditions of the roads? I haven't been to nor driven in Helotes for a long time, so I don't clearly remember if they were or not. My gut memory seems to tell me they were appropriate, though.
Honestly, yes. There are two schools on Leslie Rd that necessitate the speed limit on that road. As for Bandera Rd, while three lanes at one point (east of Leslie/Hausman), there are numerous businesses and side streets that dictate it's posted limit. As for the road through the Old Town, there are too many pedestrians and other factors that would allow its limit to be any higher.

All of the speed limits are appropriate, but that doesn't really matter; if it's posted than there is no excuse for exceeding it. If anyone disagrees with the posted limit, then they should go through the proper channels to see if it can be changed; but until such time as that happens, it remains that going faster is an offense under the Texas Transportation Code and anyone caught doing so has no one to blame but themselves!

Cheers! M2
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-15-2012, 09:14 AM
Status: "just keep scrolling then?" (set 14 days ago)
 
14,613 posts, read 31,140,476 times
Reputation: 6656
Quote:
Originally Posted by majormadmax View Post
Whenever you see them pull someone over, it's justified.

Moderator cut: Off-Topic
There is absolutely no way you could possibly know this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-15-2012, 11:27 AM
 
Location: San Antonio, TX
8,400 posts, read 20,105,449 times
Reputation: 4435
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
There is absolutely no way you could possibly know this.
Really? I see someone speeding down the road, then I see the HPD pull them over, I think I can pretty well say I am sure they deserve it...

But I am curious as to why you don't jump on the other libelous and baseless comments made in this thread? I guess unfounded accusations by others is OK, but to actually accuse someone of getting a ticket they deserve isn't...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-15-2012, 05:44 PM
 
Location: San Antonio, Texas
4,274 posts, read 6,629,936 times
Reputation: 3910
Quote:
Originally Posted by majormadmax View Post
Really? I see someone speeding down the road, then I see the HPD pull them over, I think I can pretty well say I am sure they deserve it...

But I am curious as to why you don't jump on the other libelous and baseless comments made in this thread? I guess unfounded accusations by others is OK, but to actually accuse someone of getting a ticket they deserve isn't...
Because people's money & livelihoods are affected by one & not the other.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-15-2012, 06:59 PM
 
Location: San Antonio, TX
8,400 posts, read 20,105,449 times
Reputation: 4435
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet View Post
Because people's money & livelihoods are affected by one & not the other.
I meant documented proof, not slanderous accusations without substance. If such things were going on, it would be easy to prove it but as usual, no one has any true evidence to back their claims...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-15-2012, 11:28 PM
 
1,007 posts, read 1,211,273 times
Reputation: 1009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet View Post
Because people's money & livelihoods are affected by one & not the other.
Peoples money and livelihoods are affected by all the choices they make.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-24-2012, 06:18 PM
 
3 posts, read 4,537 times
Reputation: 11
I will say again..He plead no contest. I see no libelous comments on this thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-25-2012, 01:51 AM
 
Location: San Antonio, Texas
4,274 posts, read 6,629,936 times
Reputation: 3910
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neshomamench View Post
Peoples money and livelihoods are affected by all the choices they make.
And when people have the chance to have an inordinate amount of influence on someone's time & money, their actions should be fair & should hold up under scrutiny.

I got pulled over yesterday morning at 1 AM by a DPS Trooper in Houston, Texas. Guess how fast I was going? 70 mph in a 65 mph zone. I was the only one on the road. He was bored and fishing for DUIs, but he wasted my time, which was completely unnecessary.

I was courteous & respectful and received a written warning. Guess it's not all about revenue generation, huh? Then again, this was my first experience with Texas DPS & my opinion of them is now even higher, not that it was ever really that low, as opposed to certain local PDs in this state.

However, pulling me over for 5 over at night where I'm the only car on the road just to fish for DUI is laughable in Houston, where people are regularly driving 10-20 in the daytime. Saying that what I did was dangerous and merited being pulled over in comparison to what happens in daylight would make me choke on my laughter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-25-2012, 06:01 AM
 
5,623 posts, read 6,405,999 times
Reputation: 3593
Going 5mph over isn't dangerous in my book but unfortunately you did give him a valid reason to pull you over.

All he needs is one little "oops" to pull you over. (If there is no "oops", they will still find a reason to pull you over if they *really* want to pull you over.) ex. "Your window tint seemed to be too dark and I couldn't see you."

I have personally found DPS to be the most professional over city cops and county deupties so I am not surprised you got a warning considering you were polite and respectful to him and the fact you were only going 5mph over with no other violations.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-25-2012, 07:39 AM
 
Location: san antonio
332 posts, read 461,529 times
Reputation: 208
Quote:
Originally Posted by majormadmax View Post
I'm not quite sure I like the tactic the prosecutor's office took...
thats only the tip of the iceberg, so to speak. cops will use the dirtiest tactics to get you to confess/take a deal. all legal as well, just like how they are allowed to gun it on the highway to catch that pesky speeder going 10 over the limit...

all for your safety, citizen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top