U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-10-2010, 12:30 PM

10,409 posts, read 12,671,808 times

Advertisements

Has anyone been to this restaurant at I10/Wurzbach?
How is it?

I think that it replaced the Bennigan's that used to be at the Colonnade Shopping Center.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2010, 01:31 PM

6,140 posts, read 8,598,808 times
I walked in and walked out a few months ago. T

here is a seating area in the front. The chairs were just cheap looking. Farther back is the bar. It was crowded as it was a Friday. Farther back are pool tables. That looked like it could be fun if there were more than 4 chicks looking to get drunk with you. We left and headed to the normal Fox and the Hound after that. The waitstaff was polite enough though.

We didn't check the menu or anything. It's supposed to be snazzy, but the chairs in the front were oft putting for me if it's going to be snazzy. Give it a try if you're not a snob like me though. Report back!

Old 10-10-2010, 02:53 PM

1,836 posts, read 3,330,683 times
I agree. It's a bad replica of the original. Stick to the Broadway location.

BN

Old 10-10-2010, 07:48 PM

10,409 posts, read 12,671,808 times
Thanks for the replies. Actually, I did the same thing myself today as Ashbeigh did. I walked in just to look around. I also don't like the layout of the restaurant either (compared to the way it used to be). I really liked the old Bennigan's the way the interior was compared to this place. That's as important to me as the food itself.

I don't know about the food or service. It may be fine. I know that a lot of people like the original restaurant on Broadway.

Old 10-11-2010, 06:29 AM

898 posts, read 1,243,743 times
I've had lunch there several times and the food is good.
I went there for happy hour once and it was ok.

Old 10-11-2010, 07:12 AM

1,066 posts, read 3,177,567 times
It is a fun neighborhood bar with hot bartenders/waitresses, and good food, and I mean the food is really good! The service is good and friendly. It is always packed for happy hour and later in the evening depending on what band is playing. They do a nice job of booking good bands, and I believe they have a band every night.

It is more of a working class bar, but you definately see all types there. They tend to have game watching parties there a lot on the weekends. Various college alumi clubs will reserve the various rooms for their team.

They have a big main dinning room with a real stage for a band. A bar area, a private dinning/party room, outdoor/patio seating, and then a pool/dart/shuffle board room.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio