Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2015, 10:47 PM

366 posts, read 493,973 times

Advertisements

I noticed a scratch on my car today and then another, and another and another. The scratches were on every door, the fenders, across the trunk, three on the hood etc. Just everywhere. The car was parked in my complex last night and I have not had any problems here before.

My downstairs neighbor is my only suspect because he has gone insane screaming and pounding on the ceiling when we walk or make any noise. And I mean daytime noise like regular walking around. We don't have a stereo or play music ever. We're not loud at night. We don't blast the TV.

His wife yelled at my child and her cousins when they were playing outside the apartments one time, saying they had to stay off "her" pavement.

Also my husband was putting together a desk (one of those ones from walmart) and it was 4 pm and he was hammering on the back of it when the guy downstairs started going nuts banging on the ceiling again.

My child and her cousin were running around the apartment one morning at 10 am and the both of them downstairs were screaming sooo loud I could hear them through the floor and they were banging like they were insane.

I have a mini trampoline that I got specifically so my child could jump without being a nuisance and she's always told not to jump or run, but she's a little kid and that's something kids do. Especially during the day when they're you know, awake.

Today when I was walking back from my mom's apartment, the guy downstairs came out on his patio and said, "Be careful." I didn't see if he was talking to me or on the phone or something because it was evening, but man it's creepy!

I filed a police report and I don't have proof that they did anything, but they have been excessively loud at midnight many times and I don't even call the complex to complain.

Tomorrow I'm gonna talk to the police and write a letter to my complex because I don't feel safe with these freaks.

It's funny because the family who used to live downstairs were really nice and friendly and never complained about anything and our children played together. In fact they still come by to visit! The new neighbors have only been there maybe 3 months or so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2015, 11:04 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,257,984 times
Sounds like the new neighbors need to learn the hard way not live below anyone.

That is so wrong about your car and I would also be suspect of your neighbor.

Old 06-07-2015, 11:06 PM

3,062 posts, read 7,032,965 times
I'm sure your neighbors love the trampoline.

Old 06-07-2015, 11:13 PM

Seriously it's a wee tiny little trampoline that she barely ever uses, meant for 1 person to exercise on. It's way better than her jumping on the floor, trust me. She's a child, I could either get the trampoline and say have at it when you need to during the day, or let her jump around like a kid will. It's part of living in an apartment. I have had to listen to the bass of all kinds of music in apartments and one upstairs neighbor played his acoustic guitar every afternoon. I really didn't mind him, he was good But still, you never know what you're gonna hear during the day. I had downstairs neighbors once I could hear having sex when I went into my closet for something. The trampoline doesn't squeak more than bedsprings would if you KWIM I had neighbors I could literally hear peeing when I was in my bathroom. I don't run and report that stuff, I don't start screeching my head off like a banshee and pounding on things, either.

People in apartments have to deal if it's daytime hours. After 10 pm I think there's a noise ordnance and the lease mentions noise etc.

The neighbors actually just pulled up. How could I tell they were home? I could hear them talking from a half block away. And it's midnight here.

The kind of funny thing is my car is such a piece of crap it's like a joke keying it. It got backed into by someone in a parking lot last month so there's a big dent in the front. The tail light is broken and put back on with clear tape. The ornaments for it aren't on the front anymore, they slowly but surely cracked off. It's rusted all to heck because it's a Canadian car and had been my father in law's and he drove it like mad and it's all rusted. The AC doesn't work. The CD player doesn't work. The GPS is from 2004 so it gets you more lost than anything else. It's all scuffed and dented in the back. And once at a mall when my hubby was parking the whole "running board" area on one side fell off. Seriously fell right off kerplop. I was laughing like crazy because it was just too absurd. And once going into a parking lot something else fell off the car from underneath. We didn't even know what but we put it in the trunk and took it to the garage and sure enough it was some piece or other we didn't really need so they left it off. My hubby also left the back windows open all night once and it rained so the whole inside was soaked and the next day was like 100 degrees so can you say "mold incubator"?

I mean this car is an Acura but it's old and ridiculously falling apart. Keying it is like don't help it out, it's doing bad enough on its own. Too bad they didn't steal the dang thing, we would have jumped for joy!

Last edited by LolaSonner; 06-07-2015 at 11:22 PM..

Old 06-07-2015, 11:26 PM

11,495 posts, read 26,868,439 times
Don't get your car fixed while you live in the complex, it will just happen again.

Old 06-07-2015, 11:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog_Mom View Post
Don't get your car fixed while you live in the complex, it will just happen again.
No worries, there's so much wrong with the car the scratches are the least of my problems. The AC is the worst. It is basically an oven on wheels.

Old 06-08-2015, 12:08 AM

4,132 posts, read 7,193,994 times
I've lived in several apartment complexes and I sympathize with you. Just be more aware of your surroundings in case your neighbor steps up his game. Call the office/police? Things will only escalate. Good luck...in an apartment it's only as good as your neighbors.

Old 06-08-2015, 05:59 AM

7,130 posts, read 11,832,217 times
Get a cheap video monitor, attach to balcony and record.....

Old 06-08-2015, 08:21 AM

Yep that's the next step, a camera. But not call the cops for fear of them escalating? They're straight out psychotic. I mean who screams at children playing outside their apartment?

My hubby said he heard the woman talking (not hard to manage) and sounded like she worked in social services from what she said.

Gonna be keeping an electronic eye on them.

Old 06-08-2015, 09:07 AM

702 posts, read 726,668 times
I had one upstairs neighbor with a kid with ADHD (they told us, unprompted by us).

This kid would run from one end of the apartment to the other. Back and forth. Over and over. All day long.

THUMPTHUMPThumpThumpthumpthump....

...thumpthumpThumpThumpTHUMPTHUMP

It drove me completely insane. They moved out eventually.

I would have loved if that kid was jumping on a trampoline up there too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio