Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2010, 08:37 PM

2 posts, read 2,701 times

Advertisements

Is leon valley a good neighborhood? If not what is? Im saying like middle class
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2010, 09:00 PM

3,503 posts, read 19,886,388 times
Leon Valley can be considered "middle class". But everyone may not share the same definition. I would review the sticky at the top of the thread and get a better overview of the city. It's growing by leaps and bounds and defining what your looking for in an area may be a better way to find it.

Old 10-12-2010, 09:39 PM

4,263 posts, read 10,823,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HKREMZ View Post
Is leon valley a good neighborhood? If not what is? Im saying like middle class
I would think twice, maybe even three or four times, about moving to San Antonio if I were you. It has many issues and was hands down the worst place that we've ever lived. I'll send you a DM.

Old 10-12-2010, 09:53 PM

4,422 posts, read 6,258,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstclassflyer View Post
I would think twice, maybe even three or four times, about moving to San Antonio if I were you. It has many issues and was hands down the worst place that we've ever lived. I'll send you a DM.
Don't believe everything you hear. I moved here 4 years ago from MA and have absolutely no regrets. I moved here without a job and before my house up north had sold. Guess what? My house sold in two months, I paid my house off here in SA, and found a job in my field within two months (I'm in commercial insurance sales). I have met so me of the greatest friends of my life and do n't have to put up with winter anymore. The only drawback is the Property/County taxes on my home. We're talking $27 - $28 per $1,000. I think Leon Valley is lower though. If LV do esn't work out, you can try almost any area in the north side. Alamo Heights is good, too but it's a little $$$.

Old 10-12-2010, 09:57 PM
RGJ

1,903 posts, read 4,733,738 times
Quote:
I'd move to San Diego where the unemployment rate is about 40% and the foreclosure rate is about 55% and it takes you about 2 hours to get where you want to go. That's where I'd go for a job........

Old 10-12-2010, 10:20 PM

4,263 posts, read 10,823,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGJ View Post
I'd move to San Diego where the unemployment rate is about 40% and the foreclosure rate is about 55% and it takes you about 2 hours to get where you want to go. That's where I'd go for a job........
Retire first, then move. You won't have to deal with any commute/job worries that way. You can dream, I guess.

Old 10-12-2010, 10:38 PM

7,130 posts, read 11,834,325 times
Quote:
Retire first, then move. You won't have to deal with any commute/job worries that way. You can dream, I guess.
So, tell us...what's a 2500 sq ft home sell for in your area sitting on a half-acre with a view?

Old 10-13-2010, 02:42 AM

66 posts, read 162,393 times
Quote:
Can you send me a DM too on why San Antonio is not a good place to live; or maybe you can just post this info right here on the forum. I spent a couple of days there as a tourist but the city just didn't WOW me, maybe its a place that grows on you? It would be great to have a former residents opinion on San Antonio. I am planning on moving to Austin or Dallas as they seem more to my liking. I am coming from SoCal.

thanks

Old 10-13-2010, 04:41 AM

8,399 posts, read 22,987,315 times
For the few that don't like it here, there are tons that do and you don't even have to take my word on that, search this forum and see that the vast majority of folks think this is a great place to live. Sure, it might not be for everyone; but just because some are more vocal than others doesn't mean their opinions are the norm. A little research will be very revealing.

As for Leon Valley, I would say it is very middle class; but my experience in that area is mainly from driving up and down Bandera Road. I would recommend not limiting yourself to one particular are unless it is a matter of wanting a short commute to work. It is easy to find a place to live within a half hour drive of most places in SA...

Cheers! M2

Old 10-13-2010, 04:46 AM

3,669 posts, read 6,876,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majormadmax View Post
As for Leon Valley, I would say it is very middle class; but my experience in that area is mainly from driving up and down Bandera Road.
This.

There is a Walmart down the street near Mainland which seems very safe to shop at.

Be sure to eat at EZ's just on the other side of 410. The further you drive down Bandera below 410 it becomes more inner-city but there is a Mercado H-E-B if you want specialty Mexican products where Bandera and Culebra meet. 410 is usually the poverty dividing line in San Antonio with Leon Valley being north of it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio