Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-14-2010, 05:53 PM

188 posts, read 447,632 times

Advertisements

I'm looking to get back into shape and I'm considering a membership at Anytime Fitness near Culebra. I mainly will do weights and some running on the treadmill. It's convenient to my home and am looking for any feedback on them, good or bad. Is a long-term contract required? I thought I'd try to get some feedback here before going in for the "free 7-day trial" and getting the hard sell.
Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2012, 06:40 PM

381 posts, read 767,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgrat View Post
I'm looking to get back into shape and I'm considering a membership at Anytime Fitness near Culebra. I mainly will do weights and some running on the treadmill. It's convenient to my home and am looking for any feedback on them, good or bad. Is a long-term contract required? I thought I'd try to get some feedback here before going in for the "free 7-day trial" and getting the hard sell.
Thanks!
I have the same exact questions about this gym. Thanks for any replies.

Last edited by BstYet2Be; 08-02-2012 at 12:23 AM.. Reason: repaired quote tags

Old 08-01-2012, 06:52 PM

188 posts, read 447,632 times
As you can see, I got no responses in the last 3 years. I assume the thread would be several pages long if it was about In-N-Out Burger or the latest fast food place opening .!
I tried the free week period there and the gym is ok, but they require a contract and autodraft on your bank account. I think the monthly fees were around $50/month. I ended up passing on membership there. When Planet Fitness opened at Potranco/1604, I joined there. It's a much larger facility and great for the price. I purchased a 1 year membership for $99 total (basically $8.25/mo). You can't beat that. I don't think they have that offer anymore, but there regular membership (one gym) is around $10/month and a $20 startup fee. I think they do month-to-month, no contracts. For me, this worked out well because they are close to my work and a short distance from my home.

Old 08-01-2012, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgrat View Post
As you can see, I got no responses in the last 3 years. I assume the thread would be several pages long if it was about In-N-Out Burger or the latest fast food place opening .!
I tried the free week period there and the gym is ok, but they require a contract and autodraft on your bank account. I think the monthly fees were around $50/month. I ended up passing on membership there. When Planet Fitness opened at Potranco/1604, I joined there. It's a much larger facility and great for the price. I purchased a 1 year membership for $99 total (basically $8.25/mo). You can't beat that. I don't think they have that offer anymore, but there regular membership (one gym) is around $10/month and a $20 startup fee. I think they do month-to-month, no contracts. For me, this worked out well because they are close to my work and a short distance from my home.
No kidding! I did have a membership with planet fitness on bandera & huebner, but it's too far. I think potranco & 1604 is too far also. I don't want any contracts either. $50 a month is way too much. Thanks. I live off 1560 and culebra.

Old 08-02-2012, 02:26 PM

3 posts, read 5,231 times
hey guys i heard there might be a gym/fitness center opening in the westwood shopping center. (behind arby's) that would be closer for me as well. i live in alamo ranch. I usally go to gold's on bandera and it is so far for me to go get in a workout before work. and it's always too crowded after work.

Old 08-02-2012, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kd731 View Post
hey guys i heard there might be a gym/fitness center opening in the westwood shopping center. (behind arby's) that would be closer for me as well. i live in alamo ranch. I usally go to gold's on bandera and it is so far for me to go get in a workout before work. and it's always too crowded after work.
West wood shopping center? Where's that at? Cross streets please? Thanks.

Old 08-02-2012, 04:06 PM

3 posts, read 5,231 times
it's off of culebra by 1604. it's the shopping center that is behind mc donald's, valero, and arby's. if you are coming down culebra from 1560 towards 1604 it is on the left hand side.

Old 08-02-2012, 04:36 PM

1 posts, read 2,058 times
The gym is off of 1604 and Culebra next to Cici's pizza across from the Wal-Mart. We run a great little gym at very affordable prices. Plus you get to use ANY of our locations after 30 days. We are the largest co-ed fitness company. Here you have a bunch of great cardio, circuit training equipment, and free weights to choose from. Obviously, one of the things that people love is they can work out whenever they want to and they don't have to wait for equipment when they come in because we are 24 hours. Yes we do require a contract or agreement when you sign up. However, we do offer different lengths that may suit your needs. We also have some really great trainers on staff at a very reasonable rate. If you prefer a massage we also have our own therapist on staff that is about half what a spa charges. We work with many different employers and offer various discounts and incentives for you to choose from. We do have an insanely low cost to sign up and get you started on your first visit. If you would like to schedule a visit or apply for a seven day pass then give a call at 210-688-5045.

Old 08-02-2012, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kd731 View Post
it's off of culebra by 1604. it's the shopping center that is behind mc donald's, valero, and arby's. if you are coming down culebra from 1560 towards 1604 it is on the left hand side.
Thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio